Offers & Discounts
Theological Research Exchange Library (TREN) - Ongoing (annual Sept deadline)
TREN is a library of over 14,000 theological thesis/dissertation titles representing research from as many as 140 different institutions. This resource is part of the OCLC Worldcat Knowledgebase and is now available in EBSCO's Discovery Services.
TREN offers either a subscription model OR a purchase model. This is a full text product with the subscription price allowing 500 downloads over 12 months. If purchasing the entire TREN Edocs library, all 14,549 titles can be added directly into an institutions online account queue or a hard drive containing the titles can be sent via postal service.
Discounts are based on the number of participating libraries, which will be determined after September 9, 2016. Download your order form today!
"Full text digital dissertations from TREN are available directly through our WorldCat catalog. Tyndale University College & Seminary has contributed and subscribed to TREN for many years. In 2013 we migrated our catalog to OCLC WMS. Now that we use WorldCat as our local catalog all we had to do is select TREN in the OCLC Knowledgebase. Now when our patrons search our catalog and find TREN records, a "View Now" link appears. This link goes directly to the full text record in TREN and the PDF of the thesis can be downloaded instantly. This functionality has made our TREN resources much more accessible to our users. I love it!"
Hugh Rendle, Director of Library Services
Tyndale University College & Seminary
EBSCO Religious and Theological EBook Collection Offer
Christian Library Consortium members continue to ask for these yearly collections of recently released e-books from selected evangelical publishers. Please consider your institution's participation in these exclusive collections.
Title lists can be found by following the links below:
Collection One consists of 59 titles
· Reference works
· Biblical/theological studies
List price of $1389.12 for single use license
Collection Two consists of 53 titles
· Pastoral Ministry
List price of $971.37 for single use license
Collections can be purchased individually or together. Multiple users pricing is also available upon request.
This price is a purchase price and includes perpetual access and MARC records. The consortial rate of discount for the collections will be determined June 20, 2016 at the close of the participation period.
Number of Participants Discount Structure
5-9 members 10%
10-24 members 20%
25-49 members 25%
50-99 members 30%
100+ members 35%
In addition to purchasing these collections, participating institutions have the opportunity to add any consortia eligible EBSCO eBook title, a la carte, to their order at the time of purchase and receive the same percentage of discount as is determined at the close of the participation period.
Note: You do not have to be a member of OCLC to participate. International libraries may have some limitations.
Business Expert Press
Business Expert Press is partnering with CLC to offer its members exclusive packaging and discounting on digital titles in the areas of business, economics, and sustainability
About our digital collections:
- Business Expert Press – Applied, concise business/economics titles for students, professors and practitioners. Key content publishing partners include: Harvard Business Publishing, United Nations: PRME (Principles of Responsible Management Education), American Marketing Association, Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, ASU’s Center for Services Leadership
- GSE/Greenleaf – One of the top publishers in the areas of Governance, Sustainability, CSR, and Environmental Management.
About our user policies:
- Perpetual access to all titles
- No additional service fees
- No DRM
- Unrestricted downloading, printing, simultaneous usage
- Faculty is permitted to put all or parts of our eBooks on their course sites
- If you permit it, alumni can access/download our materials
- Free MARC records
- All of our titles are archived through CLOCKSS
- We are governed by SERU – no license required
Member offers, with discounting from list prices (below) according to the following FTE’s:
- FTE: 2400 or less - 50% discount off prices below
- FTE: 2401-6000 - 40% discount off prices below
- FTE: 6001-14000 - 30% discount off prices below
- FTE: 14001 and up - 20% discount off prices below
PRODUCTS: Click on the link for each product to read more about the product offering and discounts.
- Business Expert Press – Applied, concise business/economics title for students, professors and practitioners.
- GreenLeaf/GSE: Sustainability – The world's leading independent publisher of books and journals in the fields of sustainability, responsibility management and accountability.
- BKpedia: Leadership, Management, Change and Innovation - Offering a collection of Berrett-Koehler Publisher's top titles in Leadership, Management, Change & Innovation.
- STEM/Momentum Press – A collection of applied, concise digital titles for students, professors and practitioners.
- Engineering/Momentum Press – Digital engineering titles including a professional reference collection and an applied, concise library of digital titles for students, professors and practitioners.
- Music and Film Industry Data/Academic Rights Press
- Binumi: Video Creation & Presentation
- Asian Studies/ISEAS
For more information or questions concerning this offer, please contact Beth Purtee or Sean Kaneski:
Executive Director of Global Sales and Marketing
Business Expert Press & Momentum Press
Christian Periodical Index - Ongoing
The Christian Periodical Index® (CPI®) is the comprehensive index to journal articles and book reviews from across the evangelical Christian perspective. It indexes more than 150 publications, covers major doctrinal positions within evangelical Christianity and contains titles from a wide variety of disciplines that present a Christian viewpoint—science, literature, medicine, music, philosophy, history, sociology, nursing, and education.
CLC members are eligible for a discount on CPI available through EBSCO. Please click here for more information.
OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS) - Ongoing (annual June 30 deadline)
Consortial discount available for new subscriptions based on number of participating libraries.
Webinars are available upon request. This series of three webinars will provide you with the following:
- An overview of OCLC WorldShare Management Services
- Firsthand accounts from ACL /CLC member schools that have already implemented WMS
- Two demonstrations with a specific focus on: Acquisitions, Circulation, WorldCat Discovery and License Manager
- An explanation of how to secure pricing and place an order
If you have an interest in participating in this special offer, please contact Suzanne Butte at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-761-5130.
Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO) - Ongoing
Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO) is a membership organization supporting the procurement and administration of electronic information services for libraries since 1982. WALDO and ACL's Christian Library Consortium (CLC) are working in partnership to negotiate new opportunities to acquire online databases and services at favorable prices. In many cases, these offers are structured based upon participation and pricing becomes more favorable as participation increases.
For more information or to participate in any of these offers, please contact Robert Karen, WALDO Director of Procurement Services.
Click here for a complete list of vendors with which WALDO has an agreement.
Click here for a current list of special offers and promotions.
TEI Landmark Audio - Ongoing
TEI Landmark Audio is happy to offer the following for members of the CLC:
- FREE shipping on all orders no matter the amount of the order (within the contiguous United States)
- 20% discount off TEI list price on ALL new CD/MP3 audiobooks
- Additional 10% off all already deeply discounted gently-used CD audiobooks
- 20% off all audiobook supplies no matter the amount of the order
- Additional 5% discount on our standard leasing plans
- 17% discount off TEI list price on ALL new Playaways
- Additional 3% discount on our new audiobook standing order plans
- 1% pre-payment discount on annual accounts for standing order plans
WorshipLibrary - Current
- Thousands of scholarly and applicational articles covering a wide range of topics including Sunday worship, the arts in worship, special services, seasonal worship, and the ministries of worship.
- Foundational materials that describe and explain the worshiping church’s biblical and historical heritage.
- The full content of the Gold Medallion Award winning Complete Library of Christian Worship. The consumer site for this resource can be found at WorshipLibrary.com.
- Key resources from texts and publications representing hundreds of publishers.
- The worship practices of more than 60 traditional and contemporary denominations, ministries, and fellowships – each written by a representative from that group.
- The works of hundreds of scholars, ministers, musicians, and worship leaders
Pricing is based upon FTE. To order or for more information, please contact Matthew Price (email@example.com or 615-473-5529).
Rittenhouse R2 Digital Library - Current
R2 Digital Library is a web-based collection of Health Science eBooks enabling access to multiple publishers on one platform. Institutions can purchase individual titles in the clinical areas of Nursing, Allied Health and Medicine
We have reached the 3 member participating libraries needed for the consortial discount. The annual maintenance fee, typically $1,200 will be reduced to $400 annually for each participating institution. The fee will be waived in the first year for any institution making their first purchase. In addition, Rittenhouse will extend a 22% discount off the list price on initial eBook AND print purchases. An existing active customer can take advantage of the Print & eBook offering and receive the reduced annual maintenance fee.
Rittenhouse offers PDA (Patron Driven Acquisition), which is a great option for migrating to eBooks.
Rittenhouse also runs 2 biannual specials: Oktoberfest and Rites of Spring, each giving a 22% discount on any print or digital title. Oktoberfest for 2016 begins Oct. 15 and runs through November 30.
For more information or to begin a trial of R2, contact Nicole Gallo.
W.T. Cox - Ongoing
Discounts are available for their serial subscription services, journal finder package and e-books platform, with an additional 5% discount for CLC members. Please contact Beth Purtee for more information.
Emery-Pratt - Ongoing
Emery-Pratt Company is offering the following discounts and services to CLC members during the fiscal years October 15, 2016 – June 30, 2018. Each library can select the option plan which best fits their ordering needs. To take advantage of the discount, please submit the response form to Emery-Pratt.
1. 36.0% Discount off trade discounted material
2. 12.0% Discount off short discounted material(technical & reference material)
3. 3.0% Discount off non-discounted material(except e-books)
4. 0.0% Discount off e-books
5. 4.0% Discount off Standing Orders
6. FREE SHIPPING to each library
Option 2: (Based on Emery-Pratt Company being your primary book supplier)
1 12.5% Discount applied to all books and audio-visual materials purchased
2. 0.0% Discount off e-books
3. 4.0% Discount off standing orders (excluding standing orders and e-books).
4. FREE SHIPPING to each library.
With either option, your member libraries can take advantage of the following:
No minimum quantity per order. You may order any type of material-technical, reference, trade, library bindings, paperback, audio-visual, etc.
Orders may be sent...
- by Emery-Pratt Website
- by fax - your call is toll-free at 800 523-6379
- by our toll-free INTERACTIVE TELEPHONE ORDER ENTRY SYSTEM
- by mail
- by EDI direct from your Acquisitions system to our ordering system
YBP/Baker & Taylor - Ongoing
- Flat 15.5% on firm orders
- Baker & Taylor can provide libraries with books available from publishers that extend no discounts. However, materials in this category receive no discount and a $4.95/unit service charge applies for orders whose publishers require prepayment (cash with order) from Baker & Taylor
- A transportation surcharge of 0.25% of the invoice value is added to orders
Brodart - Expires December 31, 2017(Contact Beth for the 2017 discount code.)
15% discount on consumable supplies *
15% discount on durables/furniture *
Free shipping for consumable orders over $50
*Discount will apply to current retail prices at the time of order. (Some exclusions apply; contact us for full exclusion list which includes Security Systems & Accessories Line, Software, Flat Panel Mounts, Consumer Electronics, Books & Library Services, etc.) Discount applies only to products, not to shipping charges, and may not be combined with any other preferred pricing. Not applicable to closed orders and orders already in process.
DEMCO - Expires December 31, 2017
$75.00 minimum order (after discount) required for all contract terms to apply:
- 10% discount on library, office and technology supplies (consumables)
- 5% discount on learning materials
- 5% discount on furniture & equipment under $1,500* (non-consumable)
- Transportation prepaid and added to all orders that are drop shipped
Due to import/export requirements and shipping costs Demco cannot honor the discount terms to schools outside of the US.
Exclusions: Security products, periodicals and subscription products, licensed products including but not limited to Garfield, Eric Carle, Arthur, Dr. Suess, and Clifford. Detailed list can be found at demco.com and search “Exclusions.”
To suggest a company to partner with, contact Beth Purtee, CLC Team Coordinator.