The FREE ACL Mentoring Program was developed to provide support and direction to ACL members who are beginning a new position, interested in changing positions, wanting to learn more from a more experienced librarian, or looking for positions at a Christian university or Bible School library.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.“
If you have questions about the ACL Mentoring Program, please contact Marla Black, the program coordinator.
What are the benefits of being mentored?
- Learn from experienced Librarians
- Receive professional and spiritual support
- Build lifelong relationships
If you would like to be mentored, please fill out the Mentee form below.MENTEE INFO FORM
- Helps to refresh and sharpen skills
- Allows the opportunity to serve others
- Leaves a legacy of service to Librarianship
Mentors are asked to:
- Make initial contact with mentee upon assignment.
- Ask if there are any specific areas the mentee would like to work together on.
- Ask if the mentee has any special prayer needs.
- Contact mentee at least once a month. Contact may be made by email, phone, video, etc. – err toward what is most comfortable for the mentee.
- Be available for questions and support as needed by mentee for the period of one year.
- Pray for your mentee on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding communication with mentee.
- Contact the Mentoring Program Coordinator at the six month mark and the one year mark to evaluate progress.
If you are willing to serve as a mentor, please complete the below form.MENTOR INFO FORM