General Conference Questions
- What is new and different about the 2024 ACL Annual Conference?
- The conference will be in person for those who can travel to University of Northwestern – St. Paul June 10-12 and the virtual streamlined content will be June 25-26 through our interactive hosting platform, Whova.
- If you are planning to attend in-person, please plan to arrive Sunday, June 9 to campus because the conference program with start first-thing Monday morning, June 10.
- Both plenary workshops (previously called pre-conference workshops) are INCLUDED with your conference registration.
- Virtual event registration is INCLUDED with in-person conference registration.
- The virtual event will have a live broadcast of content. (The content will not be available as On Demand sessions ahead of time.)
- After the event, virtual sessions will be available for viewing in Whova for three months post conference.
- What will be the cost of the 2024 Conference?
Check the Registration Rates & Info page for all of the pricing details.
- Are there scholarships available for the 2024 Conference?
Yes! Please see our conference scholarship page for more details and note the March 15 & 31 deadlines.
- I want to register during the early bird period but I don’t know if I can attend in-person or if I will participate online. Should I go ahead and register?
Since there is no late registration fee and registration doesn’t close until May 9, I would encourage you to wait to register until you know how you will participate. This will prevent you from incurring any change fees. Please see the 2024 Refund Policies for specific details. (In-Person Participation Refund Policy or Virtual Participation Refund Policy)
- What is meant by “Library Student Rate” on the conference registration forms?
If you are currently enrolled in a MLS or MLIS library degree program then you can take advantage of the discounted rate reserved for those getting their librarian degree.
- Can I present a workshop at your conference?
We are no longer taking proposals for workshops since the call for presentations closed on December 18, 2023. There is still time to submit a Poster Session proposal!
- Will the conference sessions be recorded so that we can go back to watch the ones we missed?
All of the virtual sessions will be available for viewing for three months post conference. This includes the devotions, keynote, 2 ACL-Pro Plenary Workshops, and 8 workshops presented by librarian colleagues.
ACL Annual Conference (In-Person) Questions – June 10-12
- Can I bring my spouse with me and stay on campus this year?
We have a few rooms that will accommodate married couples. Please email April McKinion to see if space is available before you register. The attendee will need to register for double occupancy on the Conference Registration Form and put their spouse down as their roommate. Then the spouse will need to fill out the Guest Registration Form and add double occupancy for each night they plan to stay on campus as well as any meals they plan to eat.
- Can my guest attend the conference sessions with me?
Your guest is invited to add any desired on-campus meals to their Guest Registration form and eat those meals with you. They are welcome to join the morning devotions and attend your presentation if you are a workshop presenter. However, please note that all other conference sessions are integral parts of the program and have costs associated with them. If your guest wishes to participate in these sessions, it is recommended that they register as an attendee rather than a guest.
- Has the location been determined for the 2025 ACL Conference?
Yes! The ACL Board approved Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, Idaho as the 2025 ACL Conference location. The conference will be held during the first week of June, 2025.
- How can I coordinate a ride to University of Northwester – St. Paul from the airport?
Information will be included in your conference registration confirmation email.
Virtual Conference Questions – June 25-26
- What time zone is the event?
For planning purposes, all times listed on this event website are in the Central Standard Time Zone. However, once you are a registered attendee you will gain access to our virtual hosting platform, Whova, times will be automatically adjusted to your browser’s default time zone.
- Can I share my online registration with another person?
No. Sharing virtual access is not allowed. Each registration allows access for one person only and is restricted to the email address used when registering for conference.
- I see that virtual participation is included with in-person conference registration. Do I need to do anything to register for the online event?
No need to do anything further. The ACL Home Office will take care of including you in the virtual event.
- When will I gain access to Whova?
The week prior to the virtual event.
If you have additional questions, please email or call (937-766-2255) the ACL Conference Manager, April McKinion.