ACL-Pro is the arm of the Association of Christian Librarians that offers continuing education units, or CEUs, for quantifying continuing education and training activities.
Our workshops are a direct outgrowth of the Association of Christian Librarian’s mission to strengthen Christian librarians through professional development and scholarship. CEU’s are offered through our annual conference’s pre-conferences or plenary ACL-Pro Workshops.
Although each workshop has a unique specific focus, general objectives for ACL-Pro workshops may include:
1. Improve the quality of academic library service
2. Promote and support innovation and creativity in academic librarianship
3. Acquire or update knowledge and skills
4. Help in transitions from one area of library practice to another
5. Enhance professional attitudes and values of Christian Librarianship
6. Improve ability to manage information resources
7. Promote responsibility for personal professional development