Libraries are currently facing challenges that generations before did not encounter. Budgets are challenged, staff is cut or shuffled, and the demand for electronic resources is escalating.
ACL continues to provide ways to navigate these challenging times through...
- professional development of librarians,
- resource sharing,
- cost-saving discounts,
- producing a unique, electronic periodical index,
- publishing a biannual industry journal,
- and hosting an annual conference.
Members of ACL can:
- receive a discounted rate to our annual conference
- share free resources through the Duplicate Exchange (DUPEX) Service
- collaborate with Christian librarians worldwide via our discussion list
- enjoy a subscription to The Christian Librarian (TCL)
- participate in special interest groups
- be mentored by seasoned colleagues
- join the Christian Library Consortium (CLC)
The Nitty-Gritty Details
Anyone who affirms our mission and agrees to our statement of faith is eligible for membership, regardless of job title or educational background. However, only members employed as full-time academic librarians will be eligible for positions on the Board of Directors.
The ACL membership year runs from January-December of any given year, yet application for membership are welcome at any time. After October 1st, all applications received will be applied to the following year of membership.
First-time members enjoy a special rate of only $30! All other membership dues are based on income.
If you have any questions about joining the Association of Christian Librarians, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.