Are you overwhelmed by your day-to-day tasks? Asked to do more with less budget? Are you feeling alone fighting for the library within your institution? Struggling to stay current with all the new library technology? Most ACL members can relate to one or all of these challenges.
ACL continues to provide ways to navigate these challenging times through...
- a shared-faith community,
- a platform for day-to-day discussion of library topics and questions,
- professional development,
- resource sharing,
- cost-saving discounts,
- publishing a biannual industry journal that addresses current library issues,
- and hosting an annual conference.
ACL cares about the success of libraries and librarians. We are thankful over 600 members world-wide trust us to help guide them in their vocational journey.
Members of ACL can:
- receive a discounted rate to our annual conference
- share resources through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service , Reciprocal Borrowing Program and the Duplicate Exchange (DUPEX) Service
- collaborate with Christian librarians worldwide via our discussion list
- enjoy a subscription to The Christian Librarian (TCL)
- participate in sections and special interest groups
- be mentored by seasoned colleagues
- join the Christian Library Consortium (CLC) for amazing costs savings
To Get Started...
Any Christian who affirms the mission of ACL is eligible for membership, regardless of job title or educational background. However, only members employed as full-time academic librarians will be eligible for positions on the Board of Directors.
The ACL membership year runs from January-December of any given year, yet application for membership are welcome at any time. After October 1st, all applications received will be applied to the following year of membership.
First-time members enjoy a special rate of only $40! All other membership dues are based on income.
If you have any questions about joining the Association of Christian Librarians, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.