Commission for International Library Advancement
Founded in 1989 by the Association of Christian Librarians, Commission for International Library Advancement (CILA) was created to assist Christian libraries and librarians outside of North America.
The mission of the CILA is to serve libraries within Christian institutions of higher learning primarily by providing training and support for specific needs in order for these librarians to advance library service within their communities.
The goals of CILA are:
- To cultivate strategic partnerships with international organizations and educational institutions for the advancement of librarianship and libraries
- To encourage, equip and coordinate ACL members for service to other libraries
- To assist libraries in need by identifying and addressing challenges
How CILA Supports International Librarians
Funding the Global Library Investment Grant
- March 2019: Sponsoring the conference for Eastern European Theological Libraries
- 2018: Aiding in the purchase of Librarian’s Manual copies for Librarian training in Nigeria
- 2017: Aiding in the purchase of Librarian’s Manual copies for librarian training in Nepal
Financial gifts are the fuel behind our continued efforts to create and reach more Christian libraries across the globe. Contributions to FACL are tax-deductible and should be sent to:
Foundation for the Advancement of Christian Libraries
PO Box 4
Cedarville, OH 45314
Dorothy Spidell, ACL founding mother "...I've enjoyed a wonderfully fulfilling life of service and adventure. I wouldn't exchange any experience in any country where the Lord has led in overseas library ministry." To continue this work that she was deeply involved in as a member, Dorothy Spidell bequeathed $100,000 of her estate to the furthering of the mission of CILA. Read more
Meet Our Team...
Erin McCoy, Coordinator
Massasoit Community College
Yesan Sellan, Partner Liaison
South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies (SAIACS)
Georgi Bordner, Resource Developer
Robert Danielson, Resource Promoter
Asbury Theological Seminary
Bethany Radcliffe, ACL Member Liaison
University of Illinois
The Librarian’s Manual is a text for beginning libraries in developing countries. This resource is now available in English and Spanish and contains step-by-step instructions, examples, and worksheets. Both electronic and print formats are available! Read more information and order your copy of this hands-on Librarian's Manual today.