Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- Reciprocal borrowing is a voluntary program. It is not a requirement for CLC or ACL institutions.
- Participation is open to any institution with at least one full ACL member.
- As the term reciprocal indicates, participating libraries agree to both lend and borrow. The purpose of the group is to expand the resources available to patrons not to replace the institutional responsibility to provide a library for their students.
- Participating libraries must have a physical library collection which authorized patrons in the reciprocal borrowing program may access
- Participating libraries are responsible for promoting the service to their own patrons, linking to the list of participating libraries on the ACL website, printing and/or providing electronic access to Authorization Form, and signing Authorization Forms in-person or virtually.
- Lending libraries determine their own lending policies (such as loan periods, fines/fees, material types loaned, etc.) and are responsible for providing this information to patrons.
- Borrower is ultimately responsible for paying any fines or fees for lost materials as determined by the lending library. However, staff at the lending library and home library are encouraged to work together to facilitate retrieval of overdue items or collection of fines/fees.
- The email of the designated library representative will be added to a Reciprocal Borrowing Program discussion list to receive program updates.
- The borrower obtains a signed Authorization Form from the home library to receive borrowing privileges from a participating library. This Authorization Form can be downloaded and signed digitally.
- Currently employed faculty and staff and currently, enrolled students in good standing are eligible. The home library has the authority to issue or deny this privilege.
- The home library determines the length of a valid authorization. The authorization period may vary depending on the status of the borrower but should be no longer than a year. When the authorization period expires, the borrower may request another signed authorization form from the home library.
- The borrower takes the signed Authorization Form along with a photo ID to a participating library. Privileges and loan periods are determined by the lending library and may vary from those of the borrower’s home institution.
- Borrower returns materials to the lending library by the requested due date and pays any applicable fines and fees for late, lost, or damaged materials as determined by the lending library.
- The lending library collects Authorization Form and any additional contact information needed from the borrowing patron in order to create a library record for the patron.
- The lending library provides the patron with a due date and the applicable circulation/fines policies.
- The lending library communicates directly with the patron regarding overdue/replacement fees, however, may contact the home library for assistance if needed.
2022 Participating Libraries:
Appalachian Bible College - Mount Hope, WV
Arizona Christian University - Glendale, AZ
Asbury University - Wilmore, KY
Ascent College - Gainesville, VA
Baptist Bible College & Theological Sem. - Springfield, MO
Biola University - La Mirada, CA
Boise Bible College - Boise, ID
Bryan College - Dayton, TN
Calvary University - Kansas City, MO
Carolina College of Biblical Studies - Fayetteville, NC
Carolina University - Winston Salem, NC
Carver Baptist Bible College & Sem. - Kansas City, MO
Central Christian College of the Bible - Moberly, MO
Charlotte Christian College and Theo Seminary - Charlotte, NC
Clarks Summit University - Clarks Summit, PA
College of Biblical Studies Houston - Houston, TX
Columbia International University - Columbia, SC
Cornerstone University - Grand Rapids, MI
Covenant Theological Seminary - St. Louis, MO
Crandall University - Moncton, NB Canada
Crown College - St. Bonifacius, MN
Dallas International University - Dallas, TX
Dordt University - Sioux Center, IA
Emmanuel College - Franklin Springs, GA
Emmaus Bible College - Dubuque, IA
EPIC Bible College & Graduate School- Sacramento, CA
Faith Baptist Bible College & Theo Seminary - Ankeny, IA
Family of Faith Christian University - Shawnee, OK
Grace Christian University - Grand Rapids, MI
Grace College & Seminary - Winona Lake, IN
Heartland Christian College - Newark, MO
Heritage Bible College - Dunn, NC
Heritage Christian University - Florence, AL
Hope International University - Fullerton, CA
Hosanna Bible College - Durham, NC
Hudson Taylor University - Suwanee, GA
Huntington University - Huntington, IN
In His Image Bible Institute International - Marietta, GA
Indiana Wesleyan University - Marion, IN
Institute of Lutheran Theology - Brookings, SD
John Brown University - Siloam Springs, AR
Johnson University - Knoxville, TN
Kentucky Christian University - Grayson, KY
Kingswood University - Sussex, NB Canada
Lancaster Bible College & Capital Seminary - Lancaster, PA
Life Pacific University - San Dimas, CA
Lincoln Christian University - Lincoln, IL
Luther Rice College & Seminary - Lithonia, GA
Lutheran Theological Seminary of Lenoir Rhyne - Columbia, SC
MidAmerica Nazarene Univ/Nazarene Bible College - Olathe, KS
Mid-South Christian College - Memphis, TN
Nazarene Theological Seminary - Kansas City, MO
New Hope Christian College - Eugene, OR
New Saint Andrews College - Moscow, ID
North Central University - Minneapolis, MN
Northeastern Seminary at Roberts Wesleyan - Rochester, NY
Northpoint Bible College - Haverhill, MA
Northwest Nazarene University - Nampa, ID
Nyack College - Nyack, NY
Oklahoma Wesleyan University - Bartlesville, OK
Olivet Nazarene University - Bourbonnais, IL
Ozark Christian College - Joplin, MO
Pacific Rim Christian University - Honolulu, HI
Point Loma Nazarene University - San Diego, CA
Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary - Grand Rapids, MI
Randall University - Moore, OK
Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies - Jacksonville, FL
Saint Louis Christian College - Florissant, MO
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College - Saint Mary of the Woods, IN
San Diego Christian College - Santee, CA
Simpson University - Redding, CA
Southern California Seminary - El Cajon, CA
Southern Nazarene University - Bethany, OK
Southwestern Assemblies of God University - Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary - Fort Worth, TX
Sterling College - Sterling, KS
The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology - Seattle, WA
Trinity Bible College & Graduate School - Ellendale, ND
Trinity College of Florida - Trinity, FL
Trinity International University - Deerfield, IL
Trinity School for Ministry - Ambridge, PA
Truett McConnell University - Cleveland, GA
Underwood University - Suwanee, GA
Veritas Baptist College - Greendale, IN
Wave Leadership College - Virginia Beach, VA
Welch College - Gallatin, TN
Wesley Biblical Seminary - Ridgeland, MS