The Christian Librarian
The official publication of the ACL, The Christian Librarian serves to publish articles, provide a membership forum, and encourage writing. Issues include the Christian interpretation of librarianship, theory and practice of library science, bibliographic essays, reviews, and human interest articles relating to books and libraries.
Subscription Rates: $30 per year in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico; $35 per year overseas. Address all subscription correspondence to: TCL Subscription, Association of Christian Librarians, PO Box 4, Cedarville, Ohio 45314 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe, click here.
Membership dues in the Association of Christian Librarians includes subscription to the journal. View more information about joining ACL and membership benefits.
Issues of The Christian Librarian are released in June and December, and are available on microfilm from ProQuest. The publication is indexed in the Christian Periodical Index, Information Science Abstracts and Library Literature.
- Communicate official business of the ACL and news of the membership
- Publish information regarding ACL conferences, teams, meetings, and activities
- Publish articles on research, methods, trends, issues, theories, findings, and reviews of current books
- Provide a forum for the ACL and its members
- Print editorials and position statements of the ACL
- Encourage scholarly writing
Interested in writing for TCL?
View our Guidelines for Authors.
Interested in reviewing a book for TCL?
View our Book Reviews page.
- Content must be in accordance with the mission, statement of faith, constitution, and corporate viewpoints of the ACL. Additionally, it must reflect the purpose of the publication and ACL, and relate to the concerns of ACL and Christian librarians in institutions of higher learning.
- Statements in articles published are the responsibility of the author. Publication does not imply endorsement.
- Unless arranged in advance, manuscripts are accepted with the understanding that The Christian Librarian has first rights.
Meet Our Team...
Garrett Trott, Editor-in-Chief
Tami Robinson, Managing Editor
Craig Kubic, Book Review Editor
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Beth Arjona, Copy Editor
Emmaus Bible College
Joshua Avery, Copy Editor
God's Bible School and College
Jeannie Ferriss, Associate Editor
Yellowstone Christian College
Amy James, Associate Editor
Spring Arbor University