The Christian Librarian
The official publication of the ACL, The Christian Librarian serves to publish articles, provide a membership forum, and encourage writing. Issues include the Christian interpretation of librarianship, theory and practice of library science, bibliographic essays, reviews, and human interest articles relating to books and libraries.
Subscription Rates: $30 per year in the U.S..; $35 outside of U.S. The Christian Librarian is available through many subscription agencies. Contact email@example.com for subscription information or to purchase past issues.
Membership dues in the Association of Christian Librarians include a subscription to the journal. View more information about joining ACL and membership benefits.
Issues of The Christian Librarian are released in June and December and are available on microfilm from ProQuest. The publication is indexed in the Christian Periodical Index, Information Science Abstracts and Library Literature.
ISSN for TCL print version: 0412-3131
- Communicate official business of the ACL and news of the membership
- Publish information regarding ACL conferences, teams, meetings, and activities
- Publish articles on research, methods, trends, issues, theories, findings, and reviews of current books
- Provide a forum for the ACL and its members
- Print editorials and position statements of the ACL
- Encourage scholarly writing
Interested in writing for TCL?
View our Call for Papers and Guidelines for Authors.
Interested in reviewing a book for TCL?
View our Book Reviews page.
- Content must be in accordance with the mission, statement of faith, constitution, and corporate viewpoints of the ACL. Additionally, it must reflect the purpose of the publication and ACL, and relate to the concerns of ACL and Christian librarians in institutions of higher learning.
- Statements in articles published are the responsibility of the author. Publication does not imply endorsement.
- Unless arranged in advance, manuscripts are accepted with the understanding that The Christian Librarian has first rights.
Meet Our Team...
Garrett Trott, Editor-in-Chief
Craig Kubic, Book Review Editor
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Joshua Avery, Copy Editor
Amy James, Associate Editor