The Christian Librarian
The official publication of the ACL, The Christian Librarian serves to publish articles, provide a membership forum, and encourage writing. Issues include the Christian interpretation of librarianship, theory and practice of library science, bibliographic essays, reviews, and human interest articles relating to books and libraries. To subscribe, click here.
Issues of The Christian Librarian are released in April and October, and are available on microfilm from UMI. The publication is indexed in the Christian Periodical Index, Information Science Abstracts and Library Literature.
- Communicate official business of the ACL and news of the membership
- Publish information regarding ACL conferences, teams, meetings, and activities
- Publish articles on research, methods, trends, issues, theories, findings, and reviews of current books
- Provide a forum for the ACL and its members
- Print editorials and position statements of the ACL
- Encourage scholarly writing
- Prospective authors should review the Guidelines for Authors.
- Manuscripts and editorial correspondence should be sent to the Managing Editor — and submissions must include a signed grant of license (PDF).
- Reviews and review copies of books should be sent to the Book Review Editor.
- Content must be in accordance with the mission, statement of faith, constitution, and corporate viewpoints of the ACL. Additionally, it must reflect the purpose of the publication and ACL, and relate to the concerns of ACL and Christian librarians in institutions of higher learning.
- Statements in articles published are the responsibility of the author. Publication does not imply endorsement.
- Unless arranged in advance, manuscripts are accepted with the understanding that The Christian Librarian has first rights.
Editorial Staff and Board
|Editor-in-Chief||Garrett Trott||Corban University||2014|
|Managing Editor||Tami Robinson||Whitworth University||2015|
|Book Review Editor||Craig Kubic||Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||2015|
|Copy Editor||Elizabeth Young||Emmaus Bible College||2015|
|News and Views Editor||Robbie Bolton||Spring Arbor University||2015|
|Associate Editor||Joshua Avery||God's Bible School and College||2015|
|Associate Editor||Jeannie Ferriss||Yellowstone Baptist College||2015|
|Associate Editor||Seth Allen||Carolina Graduate School of Divinity||2015|