Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the pricing for the 2018 conference?
The pricing for 2018 will not be available until November 2017. Please refer to the 2017 pricing below to give a ballpark figure if needed for budget purposes.
Double Occupancy* Single Occupancy* Hotel/Off Campus Single Day ACL Member $350 $395 $275 $75 Non-Member $425 $470 $350 $110 Library School Student $275 $320 $200 $65 Retiree $275 $320 $200 $65
2017 INFO: Conference Package with campus lodging* included registration fee, lodging Monday through Wednesday night, linen package (sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, bath towel and wash cloth), meals, breaks and the lunch banquet and tour Thursday at Frederick Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Meals began with dinner Monday evening and concluded with lunch Thursday. There was an option to add Sunday night and/or Thursday night lodging for an additional fee. There was also the option to add Monday breakfast and Monday lunch (lunch was already included with any Pre-conference).
Conference Package for off-campus lodging included conference registration with lunches, dinners, breaks, reception, and banquet only. (Lodging and breakfasts are not included in this package.)
Single Day registration included breaks and lunch for the day.
What is included in the linen package?
Coming January 2018.
When does conference online registration end?
Coming January 2018.
- What is your Refund Policy?
2017 Conference Refund Policy
- What was new or different about the 2017 ACL Conference?
- The on-campus conference package includes Monday-Wednesday night lodging. (Thursday can be added for an additional cost.)
- There will be a new conference app for those with smart phones.
- The Presenters Meeting has been moved to after Dinner/Reception Monday night at 7:45 PM in Bolthouse 132.
- The President's Banquet will be during lunch this year at Meijer Gardens. Dress for the banquet will be business casual. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes to tour Meijer Gardens.
- Dinner Thursday night and breakfast Friday morning are not available on campus. There are a few restaurants within walking distance.
- I've never been to an ACL conference, what should I expect?
Attire - The dress for the conference is business casual attire.
First Timers Meeting - Please join us for an official welcome at the First Timers Meeting, Monday, June 11 at 4:15 pm in the Library. You'll be introduced to the ACL Board of Directors, receive a special gift, and be informed about ACL and conference highlights.
- What is the bathroom situation for the on-campus housing at Asbury University?
We will be using a dorm that has a unique set up. Each hall is built around common areas furnished with couches and tables, for studying or down time, and a kitchenette. The four- to five-person suites located around these common areas have indiviual bathrooms with multiple sinks. Three rooms share a bathroom that come off the common area.
- Do all of the dorms at Asbury University have air conditioning?
- Can I bring my spouse and stay on campus?
It will depend on available housing. Update coming October 2017.
- Do the on-campus dorms have elevators?
- Will there be a lot of walking required during conference?
Take a look at the Asbury campus map. Updated info coming.
- How can I coordinate a ride from the airport to Asbury University?
Coming in January 2018.
- What is the airport code for the Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, KY?
The Blue Grass Airport code is LEX.
- What should I pack?
- Light sweater or jacket (outdoor temps can vary with indoor air conditioned spaces)
- Toiletries (hair care, SOAP, toothpaste, etc.)
- Comfortable shoes
- Business Casual attire
- Has the location been determined for the 2018 ACL Conference?
Yes, the 2018 ACL Conference is schduduled for June 11-14, 2018 at Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky.
If you have additional questions, please email or call (937.766.2255) our Conference Registrar.