Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the pricing for the 2018 conference?
The pricing for 2018 will not be available until November 2017. Please refer to the 2017 pricing below to give a ballpark figure if needed for budget purposes.
Double Occupancy* Single Occupancy* Hotel/Off Campus Single Day ACL Member $350 $395 $275 $75 Non-Member $425 $470 $350 $110 Library School Student $275 $320 $200 $65 Retiree $275 $320 $200 $65
Updated 2018 INFO: Conference Package with campus lodging* includes registration fee, lodging Monday through Thursday night, linen package (sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, bath towel and wash cloth), meals, breaks and the Thursday night banquet. Meals begin with dinner Monday evening and concluded with the banquet meal Thursday night. There is an option to add Sunday night lodging for an additional fee. There is also the option to add Monday breakfast and Monday lunch (lunch is included with any Pre-conference) and Friday morning breakfast.
Conference Package for off-campus lodging includes conference registration with lunches, dinners, breaks, reception, and banquet only. (Lodging and breakfasts are not included in this package.)
Single Day registration included breaks and lunch for the day.
What is included in the linen package?
Sheets, pillowcase, pillow, blanket, towel and washcloth.
When does conference registration end?
Early Bird Deadline is April 10, 2018
Conference Registration Deadline is May 10, 2018
- What is your Refund Policy?
2017 Conference Refund Policy
- What was new or different about the 2018 ACL Conference?
- The 2018 Conference will go back to the traditional timeframe, starting with dinner Monday, June 11 and ending with the evening banquet Thursday night, June 14.
- Updated conference app available.
- The Presenters Meeting has been moved to after Dinner/Reception Monday night at 8 PM.
- There is an Inn on the campus of Asbury Seminary, right across the street from Asbury University for those who prefer hotel accommodations. All conference events are within walking distance from the Inn.
- I've never been to an ACL conference, what should I expect?
Attire - The dress for the conference is business casual attire. Most dress up a little for the Thursday night banquet and entertainment.
First Timers Meeting - Please join us for an official welcome at the First Timers Meeting, Monday, June 11 at 4:15 pm in the Library. You'll be introduced to the ACL Board of Directors, receive a special gift, and be informed about ACL and conference highlights.
- What is the bathroom situation for the on-campus housing at Asbury University?
We will be using a dorm that has a unique set up. Each hall is built around common areas furnished with couches and tables, for studying or down time, and a kitchenette. The four- to five-person suites located around these common areas have individual bathrooms with multiple sinks. Three rooms share a bathroom that come off the common area.
- Do all of the dorms at Asbury University have air conditioning?
- Can I bring my spouse and stay on campus?
It will depend on available housing. Update coming January 2018..
- Do the on-campus dorms have elevators?
- Will there be a lot of walking required during conference?
Take a look at the Asbury campus map. Walking from building to building will be required. There will be golf carts helping with transportation for those who need assistance.
- How can I coordinate a ride from the airport to Asbury University?
Coming in January 2018.
- What is the airport code for the Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, KY?
The Blue Grass Airport code is LEX.
- What should I pack?
- Light sweater or jacket (outdoor temps can vary with indoor air conditioned spaces)
- Toiletries (hair care, SOAP, toothpaste, etc.)
- Comfortable shoes
- Business Casual attire
- Has the location been determined for the 2019 ACL Conference?
Yes, the 2019 ACL Conference is scheduled for June 10-13, 2019 at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Indiana.
If you have additional questions, please email or call (937.766.2255) our Conference Manager, April McKinion.