Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I register to attend?
Registration for the 2019 ACL Annual Conference will open in February 2019.
What is the pricing for the 2019 conference?
See the Registration Rates & Info page.
- What is the cost for adding Sunday night to my on-campus conference package?
- Am I able to stay Friday night (June 14) on campus?
- What is included in the linen package?
The linen package includes pillow, blanket, 2 flat sheets, a pillowcase, 2 bath towels, a hand towel, a wash cloth, and a small bar of soap.
- Can I bring my spouse and stay on campus?
Yes. The South Townhouses are set aside for married housing, with each room having their own bathroom. The attendee will need to register for double occupancy on the Conference Registration Form and put their spouse down as their roommate. Then the spouse will need to fill out the Guest Registration Form and add double occupancy for each night they plan to stay on campus as well as any meals they plan to eat.
- How can I register my guest for on-campus meals?
You will have to submit a guest registration form for your guest and add the meals that they plan to eat on campus. There will NOT be an option to pay at the door.
- As a retiree, can I attend just the social events at conference?
If you would like to attend meals, the Retiree Koffee Klatch, or the banquet and no other conference programing, you can sign up using the Guest Registration Form. Add the meals you'd like to attend and complete the registration process.
- What is the official conference hashtag?
When does conference registration end?
Early Bird Registration ends March 18, 2019
Regular Registration ends April 29, 2019
Late/Final Registration ends May 19, 2019
- What is your Refund Policy?
Please refer to the 2019 Conference Refund Policy.
- What is new or different about the 2019 ACL Conference?
- All of the workshops, meals, and meetings will be in one building.
- The conference program notebook will be a new convenient size and full color.
- The afternoon pre-conference will be available for registrations to attend in-person or virtually, for those who are unable to travel to IWU.
- I've never been to an ACL conference, what should I expect?
Attire - The dress for the conference is business casual attire. Most dress up a little for the Thursday night banquet and entertainment.
First Timer Meeting - Please take into consideration the First-Time Attendee Meeting on Monday, June 10 at 4:30 PM in the Jackson Library, when you make your travel arrangements. We want to offer you a warm welcome and get to know you!
- Do all of the dorms at Indiana Wesleyan University have air conditioning?
- Do the on-campus dorms have elevators?
There are elevators in Scripture Hall but not the South Townhouses.
- Will there be a lot of walking required during conference?
Scripture Hall, Jackson Library, and the Barnes Student Center are all just steps away from one another. The South Townhouses that will be used for married housing are a little further out.
- How can I coordinate a ride from the airport to Indiana Wesleyan University?
Coming in March 2019. It is suggested that reserving a rental car is the most convenient and economical choice for transportation to IWU, especially if you share the car cost with other attendees.
- How far is Indiana Wesleyan University from local airports?
The Indianapolis International Airport (IND) is located 83 miles (about 1 hr 40 minutes) from the Indiana Wesleyan University campus.
The Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA) is located 49 miles (about 1 hr) from the Indiana Wesleyan University Campus.
It is suggested that reserving a rental car is the most convenient and economical choice for transportation to IWU, especially if you share the car cost with other attendees.
- What should I pack?
- Light sweater or jacket (outdoor temps can vary with indoor air conditioned spaces)
- Toiletries (hair care, toothpaste, etc.)
- Comfortable shoes
- Business casual attire
- Has the location been determined for the 2020 ACL Conference?
Yes, the 2020 ACL Conference is scheduled for June 8-11, 2020 at Newman University in Wichita, Kansas.
If you have additional questions, please email or call 937-766-2255 the ACL Conference Manager, April McKinion.