Here's what some librarians had to say about the 2017 ACL Conference:
"People is what made the conference for me; everyone was helpful, interesting, and engaging. Meeting and making new friends and encouraging one another professionally and spiritually was incredible!!!"
"A good introduction to professional conferences (I've not previously attended others); I appreciated the opportunity to consider a wide range of subjects instead of what would have occurred at a more specialized conference."
"Fantastic! Everyone was so welcoming and inviting. The conference was well planned and very relevant presentations and networking."
"I look forward to this conference every year. I always return to my library refreshed and full of new ideas. Just keep it going!"
2018 Conference Coordinating Team
Jennifer Walz, Asbury University
April McKinion, ACL
Conference Manager, Outreach Coordinator
April Van Putten, ACL
Jaime Pitt, Indiana Wesleyan University
Tonya Fawcett, Grace College & Theological Seminary
Continuing Education Coordinator
The goals of the conference team, in support of the mission, are:
- Inform members of contemporary trends in librarianship;
- Provide professional information;
- Stimulate professional growth and networking;
- Promote a Christian philosophy and ethic of librarianship;
- Provide opportunities for exchange of ideas;
- Explore possible avenues of library cooperation;
- Promote service to the academic community worldwide;
- Share Christian fellowship; and
- Conduct the necessary business of the Association.