Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- Reciprocal borrowing is a voluntary program. It is not a requirement for CLC or ACL institutions.
- Participation is open to any institution with at least one full ACL member.
- Participating libraries are responsible for promoting the service to their own patrons, linking to the list of participating libraries on the ACL website, printing and/or providing electronic access to Authorization Form, and signing Authorization Forms in-person or virtually.
- Lending libraries determine their own lending policies (such as loan periods, fines/fees, material types loaned, etc.) and are responsible for providing this information to patrons.
- Borrower is ultimately responsible for paying any fines or fees for lost materials as determined by the lending library. However, staff at the lending library and home library are encouraged to work together to facilitate retrieval of overdue items or collection of fines/fees.
- The email of the designated library representative will be added to a Reciprocal Borrowing Program discussion list to receive program updates.
- Borrower obtains a signed Authorization Form from the home library to receive borrowing privileges from a participating library. Currently employed faculty and staff and currently enrolled students in good standing are eligible. The home library has the authority to issue or deny this privilege.
- The home library determines the length of valid authorization. The authorization period may vary depending on the status of the borrower, but should be no longer than a year. When authorization period expires, borrower may request another signed authorization form from the home library.
- Borrower takes the signed Authorization Form along with a photo ID to a participating library. Privileges and loan periods are determined by the lending library and may vary from those of the borrower’s home institution.
- Borrower returns materials to the lending library by the requested due date and pays any applicable fines and fees for late, lost, or damaged materials as determined by the lending library.
- Lending library collects Authorization Form and any additional contact information needed from the borrowing patron in order to create a library record for the patron.
- Lending library provides the patron with a due date and the applicable circulation/fines policies.
- Lending library communicates directly with patron regarding overdue/replacement fees, however, may contact the home library for assistance if needed.
2017 Participating Libraries:
Bethel College - Hampton, VA
Biola University - La Mirada, CA
Brewton-Parker College - Mt. Vernon, GA
Bryan College - Dayton, TN
Calvary University - Kansas City, MO
Carolina College of Biblical Studies - Fayetteville, NC
Clarks Summit University - South Abington TWP, PA
Clear Creek Baptist Bible College - Pineville, KY
College of Biblical Studies Houston - Houston, TX 77036
Cornerstone University - Grand Rapids, MI
Covenant Theological Seminary - St. Louis, MO
Crown College - St. Bonifacius, MN
Elim Bilbe Institute & College - Lima, NY
Emmanuel College - Franklin Springs, GA
Emmaus Bible College - Dubuque, IA
Faith Baptist Bible College & Theological Seminary - Ankeny, IA
Grace College & Seminary - Winona Lake, IN
Grace University - Omaha, NE
Hearland Christian College - Newark, MO
Heritage Christian University - Florence, AL
Hope International University - Fullerton, CA
Hosanna Bible College - Durham, NC
Hudson Taylor University - Suwanee, GA
Huntington University - Huntington, IN
Indiana Wesleyan University - Marion, IN
John Brown University - Siloam Springs, AR
Johnson University - Knoxville, TN
Judson College - Marion, AL
Kentucky Christian University - Grayson, KY
Kingswood University - Sussex, NB Canada
Life Pacific College - San Dimas, CA
Lincoln Christian University - Lincoln, IL
Louisiana College - Pineville, LA
Luther Rice College & Seminary - Lithonia, GA
Mid-Atlantic Christian University - Elizabeth City, NC
New Saint Andrews College - Moscow, ID
Northpoint Bible College - Haverhill, MA
Nyack College - Nyack, NY
Oklahoma Wesleyan University - Bartlesville, OK
Olivet Nazarene University - Bourbonnais, IL
Ozark Christian College - Joplin, MO
Paul Quinn College - Dallas, TX
Piedmont International University - Winston-Salem, NC
Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary - Grand Rapids, MI
Regent University - Virginia Beach, VA
San Diego Christian College - Santee, CA
Southeastern Baptist College - Laurel, MS
Southern California Seminary - El Cajon, CA
Southern Evangelical Seminary - Matthews, NC
Southern Nazarene University - Bethany, OK
Southwestern Assemblies of God University - Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary - Fort Worth, TX
Trinity College of Florida - Trinity, FL
Trinity International University - Deerfield, IL
Trinity School for Ministry - Ambridge, PA
Truett McConnell University - Cleveland, GA
University of Valley Forge - Phoenixville, PA
Welch College - Gallatin, TN
Wesley Biblical Seminary - Jackson, MS
Virginia Baptist College - Fredericksburg, VA