Anderson University and the Thrift Library invite applications for a 12-month, full-time administrative faculty member as Head of Access Services. The anticipated start date for this role is May 1, 2024. Anderson University is an innovative and entrepreneurial comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
- Oversees access services including circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, stack maintenance, room scheduling, facility maintenance, security, and opening/closing of the library.
- Oversees the development and implementation of access services policies, procedures, and library hours, and communicates with colleagues and patrons regarding related matters.
- Manages all aspects of circulation and patron records, creates special and visitor borrower accounts, and gathers and reports data including monthly and annual statistical reports and other data as needed.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises the access services staff.
- Manages the selection, training, scheduling, evaluation, and payment of student employees.
- Coordinates and provides on-demand individualized reference assistance.
- Compiles annual statistics and reports and participates in budget planning.
- Coordinates library outreach efforts, including displays, event planning and promotion, and collaboration with other campus entities.
- Serves as liaison to assigned academic departments; creates and maintains related subject guides.
- Participates in professional development and proactively demonstrates leadership by participating in professional responsibilities that serve the Thrift Library, Anderson University, the profession, and the community.
Qualified candidates will be currently enrolled in or have a completed master’s degree in library and information sciences or equivalent. Three years of successful professional librarian or academic library experience is preferred. A high level of comfort and proficiency in electronic resources, library technologies, automated systems, and cataloging is desired. Ability to work independently, prioritize among multiple competing projects, manage complex workflows, and sustain a high level of attention to detail is essential.
Job Application Instructions
This is an on-site, in-person role. To ensure full consideration, please email a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcript of relevant graduate coursework, and an Anderson University Staff Application to the Thrift Library Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org