The Health Sciences Librarian will be part of a growing Teaching and Scholarship Unit of librarians, providing research support and instruction for programs within the College of Nursing and College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Position is a full-time, 12-month faculty position with core responsibilities providing curriculum-integrated information literacy and evidence-based practice instruction and reference support to students and faculty in the two colleges. Additional responsibilities include collection development and scholarship support, working closely with the Director of the Drug Information Center and the Scholarly Communications Librarian. This position reports to the Library Director.
- Serve as liaison to the College of Nursing and College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, initiating and building strong relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Work in collaboration with faculty partners to integrate information literacy and evidence-based practice instruction throughout the curriculum.
- Serve as a team member in the Teaching and Scholarship Unit, contributing to outreach, research and instruction services, and other initiatives that serve the wider campus community.
- Collaborate with library faculty from the Medical Library to offer interprofessional education programming.
- Provide reference assistance, in-depth research consultations, and literature searches to support student and faculty scholarship.
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University.
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Participate in a local church and the community.
- Advise undeclared students in course selection and degree completion.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
Job Application Instructions
Please apply directly on Belmont University’s Job site: https://belmont.csod.com/ats/