The Annie Gabriel Library at California Baptist University seeks an innovative, collaborative, service-oriented librarian to manage the library’s cataloging processes. The successful candidate will be able to provide broad oversight in all areas of academic library information source processing. Primary duties include cataloging new print and electronic purchases and donations and ensuring that all item records in the integrated library system remain accurate and discoverable. The position requires coordinating and executing the library’s long-term cataloging strategy in support of the library’s overall mission to serve the research and information needs of CBU in a rapidly evolving information landscape. As a member of the CBU faculty, teaching is another important job duty of the Cataloging Librarian, who assists colleagues in providing information literacy instruction to CBU students in both class settings and individually. In this role the successful candidate will work as part of a team of librarians providing student learning-centered instruction and research assistance to the CBU community, using current instructional methods and technologies. This is a full-time, 12-month faculty position, and an MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution must either be held or in-progress. California Baptist University is a vibrant and thriving university located in beautiful Southern California, committed to helping students live their purpose.
- Manage the overall organization and cataloging of all of the library’s collections.
- Work with the Collection Development Librarian and give direction to the Technical Processes Library Assistant regarding the processing of new materials and their integration into the library’s collections.
- Catalog new purchases, donations, and brief titles, using copy cataloging and/or original cataloging principles where appropriate.
- Manage the cataloging module of the integrated library system.
- Keep current on the standards and rules used to catalog academic library collections, evaluate new trends that develop in this area, and consider them for implementation in the library.
- Collect and report statistics related to the cataloging of all library materials.
- Train and Supervise student workers in the Cataloging Department and elsewhere as required.
- Collaborate with faculty members across the university on cataloging and collection needs.
- Assist with the library’s information literacy instruction and research assistance programs.
- Serve on university committees where assigned.
Required: Either an ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent degree, or current enrollment in an MLIS program. Excellent communication and organizational skills. A strong service orientation. Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
Preferred: Experience cataloging collections for academic libraries. Experience providing research and information literacy instruction in the library context.
Job Application Instructions
Please visit the complete posting for additional information and application instructions: https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/