Under the supervision of the Director of Library Services, this position supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation Desk and the computers near the Circulation Desk; assists the Director of Library Services in the supervision of all Livingston Library student workers. This position is also responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the library webpage, creating content for the library social media, and serving as a liaison to designated departments/programs.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Mission Board and requires employees to be committed Christians.
- Supervise Library Public Services at the Circulation desk and the computers near the circulation desk.
- Assist the Director of Library Services in supervising all Livingston Library student workers.
- Assist students and faculty in the use of the collection, databases, and other resources.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Library Services to update and create LibGuides. Check link checker and update hyperlinks.
- Provide one-on-one instructional assistance to students/faculty on use of the Internet, email, and other electronic resources.
- Record usage statistics daily and compile monthly and annually for library reporting purposes.
- Maintain regular communication (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Select and maintain reference and main library resources for areas assigned as liaison.
- Participate in the selection and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Manage library’s Facebook account, publicize campus events.
- Create online and instructional materials such as video tutorials and infographics.
- Report updates and changes to university webmaster for Library webpages.
- Assist with gathering statistical data for reporting IPEDS and Taskstream.
- Share staffing responsibilities for weekends on a rotating basis as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program OR a bachelor’s degree with at least three years of professional library experience OR any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Advanced computer/technology skills and research skills. Self-motivated and creative. Must be customer-service oriented, as assisting students, faculty, and staff is one of the primary responsibilities of this position.
Job Application Instructions
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.