The Library & Information Technology Services at Belmont University is accepting applications for a Systems and Web Services Specialist at the Lila D. Bunch Library. This is a full-time, staff position reporting to the Systems & Web Services Librarian.
The Systems and Web Services Specialist position is the first of its kind at Belmont and is part of the Digital Projects Team at the Lila D. Bunch Library. Librarians and/or information technology professionals from all types of libraries and information technology professions are encouraged to apply. If you feel that you don’t meet the preferred qualifications, don’t let a confidence gap stop you from applying. Sometimes a list of preferred qualifications can miss the elements that would most strengthen our team; we value the many different skills which make all of us unique.
Flexible Work Arrangements available, including remote work up to three days per week, compressed schedule, or flexible schedule. Must live within driving distance of Belmont University’s Nashville campus. Salary starts at $60,000.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining the library’s website
- Gathering and assessing user analytics of web services
- Preparing reports and data-driven recommendations
- Supporting the library’s discovery service
- Using web programming/markup language(s) to enhance the presentation and increase the visibility of the library’s digital collections
- Providing assistance and technical support to library staff and users regarding web services, digital resources and select library hardware, among others responsibilities.
Education: Two years college; bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent experience or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
Experience: Some customer service experience; Experience successfully managing projects to completion; Some prior professional experience using web markup or programming languages desirable; Some prior experience conducting user experience testing desirable
Job Application Instructions
For additional information about the position and to complete the online application, candidates are directed to https: