Bethel University seeks candidates for the role of Library Director, who will lead BU’s library and archives using effective planning, implementation, and ongoing assessment of collections and services in order to enhance teaching, promote learning, support research, and otherwise serve the BU community. The successful candidate will lead a high-functioning collaborative, service-oriented, resourceful team.
Boldly informed and motivated by the Christian faith, Bethel University educates and energizes men and women for excellence in leadership, scholarship, and service. We prepare graduates to serve in strategic capacities to renew minds, live out biblical truth, transform culture, and advance the gospel. We’ve been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. For generations, our fusion of evangelical faith with top-ranked academics has transformed women and men, preparing them for unique callings in the kingdom of God.
Bethel is located in the vibrant Twin Cities area, full of natural beauty as well as cultural and recreational attractions.
- Strategic oversight of the library, including responsibility for budget, personnel, collection, technology, space and other resources
- Ongoing initiatives toward growth and improvement, keeping the library and its resources in step with external and internal trends and changes.
- Advocacy on behalf of Bethel’s library and archival resources, within the university as well as externally to the broader scholarly community
- Supervise library personnel by means of recruitment, mentoring, encouragement, and continuous growth.
- Participation in selective committees and collaborative initiatives.
- Assist with library research services as needed.
Five years of effective leadership in academic administration, including leading a team of professional librarians and managing administrative functions.
Education: MLS/MLIS required, and an additional graduate degree is preferred.
- Typical administrative setting with a large amount of time spent in meetings or at a computer.
- Some minimal travel may be required
- Ability to represent the libraries as a positive and competent spokesperson to internal and external constituents.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Capacity to envision, plan, manage, and assess strategically within the scope of his/her personal responsibilities.
- Proven skills in managing time and operations, working simultaneously on multiple tasks through effective personal organization, appropriate attention to detail, and mission-driven prioritization.
- Ability and desire to lead the library staff, and to foster personal and professional growth, consistent with Bethel’s commitment to justice, reconciliation, and diversity.
Job Application Instructions
Qualified candidates may apply here: https://facultycareers-bethel.icims.com/jobs/1904/director-of-university-libraries/job