The American University of Health Sciences is a Minority Serving, Christian-based University originally founded in 1994 as an educational institution to educate and equip students for life careers in the field of health education and to produce quality healthcare professionals for the community. The University provides the following broad range of Degree programs in health science:
- Doctor Of Pharmacy
- Master of Science Degree in Clinical Research
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Bio-Pharmaceutical Science
The American University of Health Sciences seeks an additional dynamic and service-oriented Librarian who is interested in helping to shape the future of a thriving university library. The Librarian will support the mission, goals, and objectives of the university by providing effective library operations within the university and outwardly within the university’s community of interest.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- An avid interest in popular culture and current events
- A desire to experiment with new approaches to improve library operations and services
- Creativity, initiative, and flexibility
- A professional and positive attitude towards their work, the mission, goals, and objectives of the university
- The ability to work collaboratively with all library users, faculty, staff and administration
- Collection management: oversee the library department budget, acquire books, negotiate electronic licenses, update booklists, weeding outdated collections, catalog incoming materials, etc.
- Reference and Instruction: facilitate and support learning by teaching information literacy skills to students -within classrooms, virtual learning environments, or individually.
- Manage and train library staff and federal work study students
- Oversee day to day library functions
- Maintain library hours of operation
- Community Outreach: seek and maintain relationships, and collaborate with community institutions and figures to develop and implement outreach programs
- Develop and implement library policies
- Participate on academic committees
- Engage in assessment activities and collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research
- Participate in various accreditation processes
- Active involvement with professional organizations and professional development activities
- Participate with others and submit their individual grants for funding to various agencies
- Work with or create a network of Librarians to spearhead more awareness and interaction and appreciation for Library Science at the local, state and federal levels.
- A Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution is required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years in a library is required.
- In addition to an MLIS, a degree in a science discipline is preferred.
- Strong teaching skills and computer literacy skills are preferred.
Job Application Instructions
- STARTING SALARY: Open – plus bonuses
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Holidays & Personal Leave
- SPONSORSHIP: Willing to sponsor the right candidate.
- TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org