This position is the primary resource building bridges between theological and pedagogical content, research, strategies and information technologies. This position provides reference services to students, faculty, staff and other library users – in-person and via electronic methods. Assistance to faculty and instruction support the Seminary’s goal of developing information literate students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are considered essential to the job. With or without reasonable accommodation, qualified individuals must have the ability to perform the following duties:
- Teach classes, lead workshops, general Library orientation; promote information literacy across the curriculum at all campuses.
- Develop and apply innovative learning technologies and resources (instructional publications or handouts, pre- and post-testing assessment instruments such as online questionnaires or surveys).
- Answer research questions – in-person as well as by phone, e-mail and chat – from students, faculty and other library users.
- Actively participate in collection analysis and development including recommendations for purchase and weeding as assigned and in conjunction with Collection Development Librarian.
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating databases, periodicals and reference books.
- Assist with interviewing, selecting and training selected applicants for vacant position (s) in cooperation with Director of Library Services.
- Attend professional meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences; review professional literature to keep current in library trends and instruction.
- Responsible for daily library opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job duties are not limited to the list shown above and may be revised from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Seminary.
An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited institution, reference and instructional experience, preferably in an academic library; Theological degree or training preferred.
Job Application Instructions
To view the full job description and apply online, please go to: https://www.gs.edu/gs-careers-reference-and-instruction-librarian/