Under the supervision of the Director of Library Services, this position is responsible for operations of the library during daytime providing library support and instruction to students and faculty of the University while maintaining building security. Manages the faculty reserves collection; notices to patrons, over dues, lost materials, graduate fees, and employee charges. This position is also responsible for hiring, training, and management of student workers; development of assigned LibGuides; and serves as a liaison to designated departments/programs.
- Perform or supervise proper opening routine.
- Supervise student workers and their special projects.
- Assist students and faculty in the use of the library collection, databases, technology, and equipment. Provide research
assistance through in-person, email, or phone consultations.
- Maintain an environment in the library suitable to study and research by making rounds regularly and offering assistance to
those in the library.
- Process borrowing and lending OCLC interlibrary loan requests.
- Receive and process materials in/out of the faculty reserves collection; add faculty, courses, etc. to the module.
- Administrator and main developer for LibGuides. Update and create guides. Check link checker and update web-links.
- Plan and build electronic LibGuides for the departments/programs assigned as liaison.
- Bibliographic instruction in the use of the physical and online collection in areas assigned as liaison, or as needed.
- Maintain regular communication (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Manage library’s social media accounts: publicize campus events, library news, resources, and services.
- Create online and instructional materials such as video tutorials and infographics.
- Assist with gathering statistical data for reporting to IPEDS, ACRL, and other yearly assessments.
- Manage notices to patrons, over dues, lost materials, graduate fees, and employee charges.
- Manages all library calendars.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services
Required: MLS from an ALA accredited program. Excellent library, computer, and internet research skills. Organized self-starter that is customer-service oriented. Prefer experience in libraries and/or office work with computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and online research.
Preferred: Supervisory experience
Job Application Instructions