The Instruction Public Services Librarian serves as the library’s daytime reference librarian. They will be responsible for planning and teaching instruction courses as well as mentoring the circulation and reference staff. This Librarian position is a full time faculty position in the Hester Memorial Library at North Greenville University and reports to the Dean of Libraries. This position is on a promotion track and the starting rank is assistant professor with the opportunity to advance to associate professor, then full professor following the promotion criteria for librarians. North Greenville University is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. North Greenville University exists to glorify God by cultivating graduates who are equipped to serve as transformational leaders for church and society.
- Mentor and advise public services support staff
- Design, deliver, and assess instructional sessions and online instructional tools such as Libguides and video tutorials
- Provide reference services
- Participate in library outreach promoting library services and
- Assist with collection development and deselection projects as assigned
- Attend faculty meetings and serve on campus and consortium committees as assigned
- Assist in compiling annual statistics and reports related to areas of responsibility
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible to Dean of Libraries
An MLIS or MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
Job Application Instructions
The full job description and application can be found here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=84556&clientkey=E376065D74954B408C7EF9D2F09C80A2maria.email@example.com