The University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks qualified candidates for an Electronic Resources Librarian. This is a year-round, non-tenure track faculty position with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Electronic Resources Librarian is primarily responsible for evaluating, selecting and implementing the library’s electronic resources. Specific duties will include:
- Providing technical support for all electronic resources including databases, eJournals and eBooks.
- Interfacing with vendors and publishers to resolve access, licensing, technical issues
- Setting up trials and requesting quotes, reviewing license agreements
- Collecting and analyzing usage statistics
- Setting up web access management (identity management by proxy) for all electronic subscriptions in the Integrated Library System (Innovative Interfaces)
- Managing and updating content on the library website and electronic resources platform CONTENTdm
- Proposing new technology and tools to enhance the library’s effectiveness
- Serve as librarian liaison to assigned departments
- Participate in collection development in assigned areas.
- Participate in bibliographic instruction (as needed) within the library
- Participate in university committees, activities, and initiatives
- Participate in professional development activities to remain informed of current and emerging library trends, services, and products.
- Reviewing learning resources for the UMHB MyWay (self-paced online courses) program to determine appropriate use of OER, licensed, and copyrighted materials.
An MLIS or MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
Job Application Instructions
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. https://www.umhb.edu/resources/careers/home.