Do you want to be part of a growing university library with a teaching-focused mission? Do you have a passion for working with students and teaching information literacy and research skills to further enhance academic success, scholarship, and lifelong learning? Grand Canyon University is seeking a Reference & Instruction Librarian to provide personalized, on-demand library assistance to enrich the learning experience and support intellectual inquiry and discovery.
Provide on-demand individualized reference assistance to students, staff, and faculty in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Maintain awareness of technology and tools used in academic research.
- Maintain familiarity with scholarly communications for teaching, learning, and research.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
American Library Association accredited Master’s degree in library or information science or current enrollment required in an American Library Association accredited Master’s degree program in library or information science.
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers.
- Must work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Job Application Instructions
More information and application process located here: https://jobs.gcu.edu/reference-librarian-part-time/job/21348898