The Library & Information Technology Services at Belmont University is accepting applications for a Business and Data Services Librarian at the Lila D. Bunch Library. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor with responsibilities to provide research assistance and instructional support in the areas of business, entertainment and music business and data literacy to all members of the Belmont community.
Job responsibilities include providing research assistance and instructional support in the areas of business, entertainment and music business, data literacy, and data management and visualization tools for students, faculty, and staff; playing an active role in the planning and decision-making process of the Teaching and Scholarship unit, participating in regular meetings, organizing special projects and programs, and showing initiative and creativity in the planning process; engaging in collection development relevant to liaison areas, including curating data sets; and developing a service framework for working with researchers to manage their data throughout the research lifecycle. MLS or progress toward a terminal degree is required; teaching experience strongly preferred.
ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in library services or related experience, preferred.
- Experience in an academic research environment working with faculty and students.
- Experience or course work with data services topics.
Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to remain current in a rapidly evolving field.
- Ability to produce reports and presentations using PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and able to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in teams, working within the library and with interdisciplinary areas across the campus, and to contribute constructively to committee and team efforts.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Job Application Instructions
For the full position description and application information, please visit: https://belmont.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=10&id=2606