Faculty librarian position at a leading Christian University in a vibrant and growing area of beautiful south Florida. Position manages the operations of the library’s service desk along with stack maintenance. Oversees student workers, seeks to develop and interpret library circulation policy, workflow, and services; participates in reference and instructional services, and teaches information literacy.
- Manage daily library operations and front desk activities including, room reservations, mailings, ordering supplies, and overseeing the maintenance equipment
- Serve as a first point of contact for all inquiries, providing top level service to all patrons.
Supervise the processes of circulating library collections according to policies.
- Coordinate the maintenance of all physical library collections, including re-shelving, shelf reading, organizing, and intermittent stack inventory.
- Administer course reserves as requested by faculty.
- Interpret library policies to students, faculty, and other patrons.
- Recruit, oversee, evaluate, and schedule all staff and student assistants serving in access services.
Reference and teaching
- Provide in-person and online reference service and consultation in areas of research to the learning community.
- Design and lead workshops in the Library’s instruction classroom.
Research, Scholarship, Creative Activity
- Create tools designed to give general and course-specific library resource guidance to students and faculty, to include LibGuides.
- Engage in an active life of scholarship appropriate to the instructional and service role of the academic librarian.
- Provide collection development services in one or more subject disciplines.
- Participate as a member of the University Faculty, including serving on University and Library committees as assigned.
- Participate in regional, state, and/or national professional organizations.
- Engage in professional development activities
Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited institution. An additional advanced degree within a discipline of the University’s academic program is preferred. Experience working in an academic library along with teaching information literacy preferred.
Job Application Instructions
Apply online at institution’s website:
Review begins Feb 28, 2023. Start date June or July 2023.