Catalogs all types of material, including periodicals, archival collections, media, microform, and digital formats; assists with collection development; processes donations of all types of material and provides tax receipts to donors; processes current periodicals.
- Performs original cataloging of all formats of library resources through OCLC Connexion client, Local Library System, ePLACE, and Vimeo
- Performs general cataloging and maintenance of bibliographic records
- Performs original cataloging of ATS dissertations and theses
- Processes newly purchased book titles
- Processes gift collections
- Assists in the thorough tracking of acquisitions budget usage
- Tracks acquisitions spending according to the Seminary’s articulated acquisitions account list
Assists with Collection Development:
- Makes collection development decisions on what resources to add from gift collections
- Acquires and processes locally produced digital resources
- Identifies titles for acquisition, based on Collection Development Policy parameters
- Monitors and analyzes the composition of the Seminary’s library collection concerning usage and peer schools.
- Performs indexing for the Asbury Journal and the Journal of Inductive Biblical Studies
- Other Duties as Assigned by the director of Strategic Collections Services
- Researches materials in specialized areas
- Catalogues and checks in periodicals
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent library experience.
- Previous original and copy cataloging experience or coursework.
- Experience with online integrated library systems and the OCLC system.
Job Application Instructions
Apply Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=30438&clientkey=1C2B1521DCE487F6E71B7161F85F4750