Cornerstone University invites applications for the position of Morning Circulation Supervisor at Miller Library. This is a part-time position (20 hrs/wk) that manages the circulation area of Miller Library during the opening shift. Circulation services include general circulation, holds management, maintaining the reserve collection, shelf maintenance, and servicing public computers, copiers, and printers for patrons. The Evening Circulation Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the student assistants and works to ensure smooth operation of the various department activities during the opening shift. As a visible contact person, this position is also a key representative of the library in its relation to patrons.
Miller Library aspires to be the intellectual heart of the university by providing high-quality academic resources, community-focused service, and an environment that fosters intellectual, cultural, and spiritual growth. The library staff seeks to accomplish this through the following practices:
- Providing outstanding service to all students, faculty and staff;
- Providing efficient access to scholarly resources that support the curriculum;
- Teaching information literacy skills that will inspire student success and lifelong learning;
- Fostering a student-focused learning environment for scholarly research;
- Implementing the wise use of relevant technologies.
To learn more about Miller Library, visit us online at https://library.cornerstone.edu.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee operation of circulation area during shift (including, but not limited to, general circulation, holds management, reserve collections, shelf maintenance)
- Monitor and evaluate the technology and equipment needs for circulation area (computers, printers, and copiers)
- Train, plan, and supervise work for student assistants in circulation and ILL
- Maintain schedules for circulation student assistants
- Maintain supplies for the circulation and public service areas
- Provide document delivery, interlibrary loan, and MeLCat for students, faculty, and staff
- Manage library online forms (group study room reservations and faculty reserves)
- Provide basic research assistance to library users
- Process, maintain, and enforce copyright laws for reserve materials
- Perform yearly inventory under the oversight of the Head of Access Services
- Accept responsibility for mediating library policies and procedures with patrons during shift
- Participate in library events as needed
- Serve on library and university committees as assigned
- Attend work related professional meetings and workshops
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 1-3 years of library or managerial experience
- High degree of computer literacy and experience with relevant computer technologies
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to multitask while handling detail accurately
- Good interpersonal communication and supervisory skills
- High level organizational skills
- Ability to work opening shift in the mornings during the weekdays
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an active Christian commitment.
- A theology and Christian worldview that supports the values and mission of Cornerstone University evidenced by an ability to affirm and exemplify the university’s doctrinal statement, “The Cornerstone Confession.”
- Enthusiastic embrace of the Cornerstone University Identity, Mission and Vision statements.
Job Application Instructions
Review of candidates will begin immediately. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, you may email Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply online at https://www.cornerstone.edu/about/employment/employment-applications/. Click on “Instruction Librarian” and then select the “Start your Application” button.