User Services Librarian - Dallas Baptist University -TX
Dallas Baptist University, a comprehensive Christian University, is seeking an experienced individual for the faculty position of User Services Librarian for Vance Memorial Library. Applicant must be a Christian who is a member of a church that holds Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior, and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scriptures.
- Reference and research assistance to the DBU community,using professional knowledge of reference resources (print, non-print, and electronic).
- Research, bibliographic, and library orientation instruction.
- Management and development of all use services, including Circulation and Reference Services.
- Knowledge and use of library management systems, especially WMS
- and WorldCat.
- Training and supervision of student workers.
- Participation in DBU faculty activities.
- Rotating weekend and night reference duty shifts.
- Provide instruction in print and electronic resources.
- Develop and oversee policies and processes for the Circulation Desk.
- Provide coverage for Reference Desk during assigned hours.
- Supervise student assistants in circulation and reference area.
- Assist in preparation of handouts and Libguide webpages.
- Maintain professional development.
- Attend Faculty Council meetings.
- Serve as member of Faculty and University committees.
Educational / Experiential Qualifications
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science or Master of Library Science and Information Science degree.
- Dedicated Christian servant leader.
- Active member of a local Baptist church.
- Commitment to quality and excellence in academic library service.
- Excellent research, OCLC search, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member, exhibiting flexibility.
- Management and human relations proficiency.
Job Application Instructions
Applicants should send resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Scott Jeffries, Interim Library Director
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas, TX 75211-9299
Applicants may e-mail resume to: email@example.com
Dallas Baptist University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, gender, disability, veteran status, race, color, or national origin in any employment practice. Under federal and state law, the University may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purposes.