Technology Services Librarian - Dallas Baptist University - TX
Dallas Baptist University, a comprehensive Christian university, invites applications for Technology Services Librarian position. This position will be on a 12-month contract. Appointment of faculty rank and salary will depend on applicant experience and qualifications.
- Serve as liaison between library and automated system vendor.
- Use cataloging processes: MARC format, RDA, AACR2R, OLCL searching, etc...
- Leadership role to implement and support a wide range of technologies and systems.
- Collaborate with Information Technology department for technology needs of the DBU Library.
- Ability to work closely with library staff and IT to maintain quality library service to patrons.
- Participate in faculty activities.
- Rotating weekend and night reference duty shifts.
- Develop a technology plan for the library.
- Provide documentation for system operators.
- Provide technical expertise for problem resolution.
- Attend Faculty Council meetings.
Educational / Experiential Qualifications
- ALA- accredited Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree.
- Undergraduate work in computer science or information systems helpful.
- Dedicated Christian servant leader who is a member of a church that holds Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior, and holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scriptures.
- Active member of a local Baptist church.
- Commitment to quality and excellent academic library service.
- Computer expertise with knowledge of database systems, scripting languages, and Open URL.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and online catalogs.
- Cataloging skills to include MARC format, OCLC searching, AACR2R, RDA, Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal Classification schemes, and Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Application Instructions
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Scott Jeffries
Interim Library Director
Vance Memorial Library
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas, Tx 75211-9211
Applicants may also email a resume and cover letter to: