Systems Librarian - Roberts Wesleyan College - North Chili, NY
- Provide technical and project leadership for development and full utilization of established library technologies and systems.
- Monitor, explore, and communicate with other library faculty concerning emerging technologies, digital tools and techniques, and technology-based strategies that enhance research, learning, and patron service.
- Oversee designing, developing and implementation of new technology, including the necessary infrastructure.
- Serve as principal liaison between the Library and systems, software, and electronic resource vendors.
- Hire, train supervise, and evaluate library systems staff.
- Lead library faculty in working with Brand and Marketing and IT Services in maintaining and enhancing the Library’s web presence.
- Coordinate with IT Services in maintaining and enhancing library infrastructure and existing library services.
- Collaborate with IT Services regarding the maintenance and upgrading of the technology in the Library Instruction Labs, Information Commons, 24/7 Computer Lab, Conference Room, Graduate Research Room, Doctoral Study Rooms, and Curriculum Center - including workstations, printers, and associated software.
- Serve as principal library liaison with IT Services.
- Advise the Director of Library Services in relevant aspects of the annual budget request processes, particularly, for technology-related equipment and services via the IT capital budget.
- Participate as arranged in providing instruction sessions appropriate to particular courses, academic programs, and/or library research topics. This may involve occasional evening and/or weekend sessions.
- Participate as arranged in Research Assistance Desk coverage. The schedule may include evening and/or weekend hours.
- Participate in campus-wide faculty responsibilities including advising, serving on committees, student recruitment, retention, mentoring and informal interaction, attendance at institutional events such as chapel, baccalaureate, commencement, convocation, and retreat. Representation to the outside community, professional development, and service-oriented activities are expected.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including instructional liaison work with one or more of Roberts or Northeastern's schools.
Graduate degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program required. Technology emphasis preferred. Evidence of technical training, experience and aptitude. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and problem-solving skills required. Training or other evidence of proficiency with such programming languages and coding systems as UNIX, FTP, CSS, SQL, HTML, and XML a plus. Professional-level library work experience desirable, preferably in an academic library. Experience or at least evidence of proficiency with library systems administration (Ex Libris Alma/Primo or Voyager experience a plus), library software applications, web site design and development, electronic resource management, and library applications of social media required. Proficiency with office software is expected.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please email the Interim Director of Library Services directly for more information and for application procedures at Ader_meredith@roberts.edu.