Systems Librarian - Ashland University - Ashland, OH
- Chief contact regarding systems and access with library resource vendors.
- Manages system configurations and updates for ILS (Sierra), EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS), and supports user access to library and OhioLINK consortial databases.
- Participates on OhioLINK implementation teams; is library liaison with OhioLINK and on-campus IT department. Troubleshoots issues related to authentication and access to library electronic resources.
- Maintains OCLC EZProxy server and identifies issues with access to electronic resources. Prepares statistical resource and assessment reports per the library director.
- Responsible for original and copy cataloging for resources added to the ILS.
- Manages inclusion and access to eBooks, government documents, and other electronic resources.
- Initiates physical and electronic inventories of library resources and oversees physical collection management issues and processes withdrawals.
- Manages Sierra WebPAC, the front-facing catalog for users; experience with HTML and CSS.
- Supervises and trains the (1 FTE) Technical Services Assistant.
- Serves on Faculty Senate committees as assigned.
- Keeps current with library technologies and cataloging through professional development activities.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Academic library experience with an integrated library system (ILS)
- Experience in and knowledge of current cataloging practices including familiarity with RDA
- Experience with library cataloging in MARC and holdings management using OCLC products
- Knowledge of library collection management best practices
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS