Systems Librarian - Ashland University - Ashland, OH
- Acts as chief contact regarding systems and access with library resource vendors.
- Participates in OhioLINK implementation teams.
- Acts as liaison with campus IT to resolve technology issues within the library and online.
- Performs systems management and updates for Innovative Interfaces Sierra ILS.
- Maintains EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) and access to library databases.
- Maintains OCLC EZProxy server and identifies issues with access to electronic resources.
- Prepares statistical reports based on library resources, III report modules, and COUNTER data for reporting and assessment.
- Responsible for original and copy cataloging for resources being added to the ILS and reports library holdings through OCLC Connexion and EDS.
- Manages inclusion and access to eBooks, government documents, and other electronic resources.
- Maintains the accuracy of records in the ILS and performs authority work.
- Initiates physical and electronic inventories of library resources.
- Oversees physical collection management issues and processes withdrawals.
- Oversees activities related to the library’s physical serials holdings.
- Supervises and trains the (1 FTE) Technical Services Assistant.
- Keeps current with library technologies and cataloging through professional development activities.
- Serves as library liaison to faculty departments, purchases library materials for liaison areas and the general collection, and maintains subject guides for liaison areas.
- Serves on Faculty Senate committees as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Academic library experience with an integrated library system (ILS).
- Experience with EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) and/or other EBSCO-provided resources.
- Knowledge of issues related to authentication and access to library electronic resources.
- Experience in and knowledge of current cataloging practices including familiarity with RDA.
- Experience with library cataloging in MARC and holdings management using OCLC products.
- Knowledge of library collection management best practices.
- Experience with Innovative Sierra ILS.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS