Seminary Instruction Librarian - Evangel University - MO
The primary objective of this position is to support the teaching processes of the faculty and learning process of the students of Evangel University with a specific focus on the AGTS community. This individual will assist the Library Director by overseeing the specific operations and service of the AGTS library branch location while also playing a significant role in the seminary’s collection development process. The individual will provide training for faculty and students on information research processes in classroom and library interaction along with one-on-one training and will play a leading role in the development of instructional materials for the entire Evangel University library system. The AGTS/Instruction Librarian will report to the Director of the Library unless otherwise directed for specific issues related to the governance of the seminary.
- Supervise the activities of the AGTS Library Circulation Staff and fill in specific areas when necessary.
- Hire AGTS Library Circulation Student Staff and oversee the ongoing training and performance review of new and current staff members.
- Provide reference services in response to questions from students, faculty and staff, and library guest patrons from other institutions. This includes, but is not limited to, a particular focus on responding to the needs of AGTS students, faculty and staff and responding to questions concerning the usage of the specific collections and facilities of the AGTS library.
- Responsible for all processes related to filling Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) Interlibrary Loan resource requests from undergraduate and graduate students.
- Develop library and research instruction materials. Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure that such materials are posted to the library’s website.
- Prepare and present informational and library research presentations to students and/or faculty.
- Interface with IT concerning the maintenance and ongoing development of the AGTS Student Computer Center and hardware utilized by library staff.
- Keep up-to-date concerning changes or updates for the various online databases licensed by the EU Libraries.
- Collaborate with the Director of the Library in the AGTS library’s collection development and periodical subscription renewal processes.
- Assist the Director of the Library in formulating budget proposals for the effective operation of the AGTS library.
- Assist the Library Director in the preparation of reports of the activities, growth, and development of the library.
- Represent the library at AGTS committee meetings as needed, serving as an interface between the library and AGTS administrators and faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Library or the Academic Dean of AGTS.
- Work closely with the Director of the Library and fellow university librarians in processes involving the review of policies, procedures, and operations that may need revision.
- Maintain necessary growth of knowledge, skills, and expertise.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATION
- Mature Christian faith and willing to abide by the University Statement of Faith
- An M.A. in Library Science or equivalent required ; or in process of obtaining such a degree
- An M.Div. or other advanced theological degree, preferred
- Familiarity with library software programs
- Knowledge of Windows and MS Office and basic computer skills
- Knowledge of all the functional areas of the library: cataloging, acquisitions, circulation, serials control, and administration
- Sufficient knowledge of the Library’s collection and reference/research tools, as well as print and online resources in general, to field Reference Questions and to provide instructions for library personnel staffing key service areas
- Good working knowledge of, at the very least, the contents and contexts of the various disciplines taught in AGTS curriculum
- Keep abreast of trends and developments within the Information Services profession
- Possess good management and leadership skills, including:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize time and work load
- Ability to plan ahead and assist in setting goals for library and staff
- Maintain highest possible ethical standards
- Team player able to work well with the library team
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered, applicants must apply online.
Evangel University is an equal opportunity employer participating in the E-verify program.