Research and Instruction Librarian - George Fox University - Newberg, OR
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve.
- Serves as liaison to most of the programs and departments in GFU’s Wellness Enterprise.
- Partners with faculty to understand resource needs.
- Develops and teaches information literacy sessions in support of program and course objectives.
- Provides research consultations in person and via phone, email, and Zoom.
- Creates and maintains libguides for subjects and specific classes.
- Contributes to the shared work of the Orbis Cascade Alliance.
- In support of one’s personal development, participation in professional groups and associations is expected. The librarian will contribute new knowledge and desire to learn new information to spur innovation. Each year the librarian will complete a faculty growth plan.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students, and the public.
- Serves as a Christian role model to students by actions, words and lifestyle.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on university needs, interests, and expertise.
- There will be occasional travel between library locations, and significant teamwork/collaboration with other employees.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students (including students of color, first-generation college students, international students, etc.) is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of George Fox University including seeking ways to put students first, practice Christ in everything, and innovate to improve outcomes.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Academic library experience.
- Record of ongoing professional development.
- Experience providing research consultation and information literacy instruction.
- Experience with or education in the health sciences.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is July 1st, 2022 (or later if circumstances require it).