Reference Services Librarian - John Brown University - Siloam Springs, AR
We seek a Reference Services Librarian who will be responsible for coordinating and providing library reference services, developing research guides and online tutorials, assisting with library instruction and collection development, and serving as a library liaison to designated college. Also serves on university committees and participates in various library initiatives.
- Sets goals, objectives and manages available resources to achieve objectives, without need for frequent follow-up.
- Coordinates and takes the lead in providing face-to-face and virtual reference services to library users (including evenings).
- Develops research guides and online tutorials.
- Assists with development and maintenance of library website content.
- Provides reference training for library staff and work-study students.
- Evaluates library reference services and recommends changes and new initiatives as needed.
- Assists with library instructional services.
- Participates in collection development.
- Serves as liaison to designated academic programs or other campus units.
- Provides institutional service through university committees and other venues.
- Keeps current with professional trends and literature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- One or more years of experience in an academic library environment.
- Strong personal computer skills; excellent oral and written communications skills; team player.
- Positive attitude about work interruptions and enjoys working with students.
- Ability to articulate biblically based view of role of library and information services in an academic environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of print and digital academic reference resources.
- Familiarity with using web content management systems.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- American Library Association accredited MLS (or equivalent).
- Additional subject Master’s degree preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women.For more information, visit https://www.jbu.edu/about/
See the position announcement for application form and instructions: https://www.jbu.edu/human-