Reference/Instruction Librarian - Mississippi College - Clinton, MS
- Develop, deliver, and assess information literacy instruction. Prepares online and print research guides to augment instruction and to assist faculty and student researchers.
- Serves as liaison to academic departments, including Math & Sciences. Provides collection development assistance and outreach to these departments.
- In collaboration with the reference team, establishes goals toward improving library systems and services, with periodic evaluation of progress.
- Participates in developing marketing and outreach materials using library tutorials, LibGuides, social media, web pages, and print publications.
- Works on-call reference shifts and occasional weekends.
- Participates in the completion of other library projects.
- Serves on appropriate university committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required: MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
- Experience with outreach and student engagement.
- Knowledge of reference and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills consistent with a commitment to user-center library services, including flexibility, enthusiasm, and approachability.
- Ability to manage change and work in a team environment.
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with team members and maintain effective working relationships with the public and university colleagues.
- Awareness of current concerns and developments in higher education, academic libraries, and library technology.
- Ability and desire to learn and implement appropriate technologies.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with the following software/programs: Springshare Platform, Zoom, Camtasia, Virtual assessment tools, Integrated library systems, and Course management systems
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for this position return a cover letter, a completed Mississippi College Faculty Application, and a curriculum vitae to Claudia Conklin, Head of Public Services at email@example.com. A Mississippi College Faculty application can be found at http://www.mc.edu/offices/human-resources/how-to-apply/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with preference given to applications received by December 13, 2019. Employment is contingent upon successful background verification.