Reference/Database Librarian - Belhaven University - MS
elhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for Reference/Database Librarian who has a heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson, Mississippi campus.
- Serves as the Databases Librarian
- Serves liaison to database companies
- Assists librarians and library patrons in all aspects of all databases, including e-book collection
- Provides reference services and serves as the Subject Specialist Librarian (SSL) during the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Serves as a liaison to academic departments and various user groups
- Conducts general and subject specific bibliographic instructions classes
- Works cooperatively with faculty developing and maintaining library database collections in support of university academic offerings
- Trains faculty, students, and administrative staff on main campus and all satellite campuses in use of databases and library online catalog
- Serves as primary liaison between the Information Technology Department and the library
- Serves as administrator/coordinator of LibGuides
- Promotes library services to the university community through effective materials and programs
- Completes special projects and other duties, as requested and assigned by Library Director
- A Master’s degree from an America Library Association accredited program in Library and Information Science
- Five years of experience in an academic library
- Applicants must be able to fully support the University vision, mission and statement of faith and contribute to the spiritual and academic fellowship of the University
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Qualifications above
- Please prepare a brief account (no more than 750 words) of your spiritual pilgrimage including the time and circumstances surrounding your becoming a believer in Christ and your current relationship with Christ. Describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form.
-Please click on this link - http://www.belhaven.edu/belhaven/employment_pdfs/LetterOfEmploymentCommitment.pdf - to review Belhaven University's Commitment Statement including our employee expectations. Should you receive a job offer you will be asked to sign accepting this commitment.
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) - please provide phone numbers, addresses and nature of relationship
- Official transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
Send to: Lori Farmer, Executive Assistant to the Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org