Reference and Instruction Librarian - William Jessup University - CA
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is a key member the library leadership team. This position is responsible to provide instructional and research assistance to the faculty, students, and staff of William Jessup University. This is a full-time Administrative Faculty position expected to contribute to the academic life and culture of the library and university.
- Oversee all library research and instruction activities
- Provide successful library instruction in a university setting to students and faculty having a wide
- range of skills and goals
- Deliver in-person and online reference assistance
- Maintain and enhance LibGuides content pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Act as a library liaison to all graduate programs
- Continue the development, implementation, and assessment of information literacy efforts
- Collaborate with librarians, academic support professionals, faculty, and staff across campus to develop user-centered library services
- Complete an annual unit review of operational and educational effectiveness
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean
EDUCATION / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MLS or equivalent from an American Library Association accredited institution
- Preferred qualifications include a second graduate degree in a discipline related to WJU graduate programs (education, teaching, business, leadership, or psychology)
- Experience providing information literacy instruction
- Experience with assessment of information literacy in a college or university setting
- Sound Christian testimony with the ability to integrate faith and learning
- Subscribe to the statement of faith for William Jessup University
- Subscribe to the community covenant for William Jessup University
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae, completed WJU Employment Application, a signed WJU Statement of Faith, a list of three references, a statement about the integration of faith and learning that demonstrates your beliefs, and a copy of your unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon employment).
Please send this information to email@example.com
Full job description and application can be found online .