Reference and Instruction Librarian - Trevecca Nazarene University - Nashville, TN
- Plans, prepares, and conducts information literacy sessions primarily with undergraduate on-campus students.
- Oversees library research services, serving as the library research liaison for campus-led traditional research initiatives.
- Creates and implements research services training for library personnel.
- Meets with students individually to provide research guidance and assistance either in person, on the phone, or through chat or video conferencing software.
- Creates library research guides, online tutorials, and training modules.
- Performs additional services as requested by the Director of Library Services.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library program required.
- Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest in and ability to provide library reference services and assistance to a wide variety of faculty and students in multiple formats.
- Previous library experience, especially in providing reference services and/or library instruction.
This is a full-time, 12-month, faculty-administrator position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
Salary and fringe benefits to be established by the University.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment
The candidate for this position must maintain a lifestyle in agreement with the Trevecca Nazarene University Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS