Reference and Instruction Librarian - Southern Wesleyan University - Central, SC
The Research and Instruction Librarian coordinates all of the library’s research and instructional services for on-campus students and faculty and manages the library’s electronic resources.
- Provide research assistance for on-campus students and faculty.
- Coordinate research desk staffing and schedule.
- Coordinate the library’s instructional calendar.
- Prepare and present library instructional sessions.
- Develop appropriate assessment of library instruction.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of library information, including library web pages, LibGuides, mySWU portal, PRIMO Discovery service, EZProxy, and other services, as needed.
- Participate in library planning and the development of library policies and procedures.
- Participate in collection development. Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments. Serve on PASCAL committees or working groups.
- Perform basic library operational duties, as needed. Help maintain the library’s social media accounts.
- Attend faculty meetings and serve on committees as assigned.
- MLS degree or equivalent from ALA-accredited institution (candidates with a master’s degree in a related field and significant library experience may be considered.)
- Ability and desire to teach.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little supervision.
- Experience with providing high-quality reference services with a variety of print and online resources.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with library database subscriptions, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ExLibris Alma Primo preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applicants should be prepared to provide a brief written personal Christian testimony. In addition, please be prepared to provide the following digital documents:
Curriculum vita or resume
Hire offer is contingent on receipt of official transcripts, if requested.
To apply see: https://www.swu.edu/about/employment/staff-positions/