Reference and Instruction Librarian - Malone University - Canton, OH
In addition to offering general library assistance, this person will provide reference help and instruction in information literacy skills for individuals and groups. Liaison responsibilities for selected departments include working with faculty to maintain a collection that adequately provides for both student and faculty curriculum needs. This part-time position offers a 25 hour work week and may include occasional evening or weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must exhibit a personal understanding of, and operate in concert with the Mission Statement and Foundational Principles of the University with a direct commitment to enhancing the Malone student-centered culture.
- A commitment to Christian faith and the integration of faith and work
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide clear instruction and training
- Evidence of outstanding presentation abilities
- Obvious passion for customer service
- Ability to relate well to coworkers, students, faculty, and other community contacts
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs and internet usage, and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Passion for continued growth and innovation
- A Master’s degree (MLIS or MLS) from an ALA-accredited university is expected
- Experience in reference work and information literacy skills instruction preferably in a college or university setting is desired
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
A full job description can be viewed on the Malone University website under Employment. Send a cover letter, faith statement and resume with three references to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees, and applicants for admission of employment, in all University programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age disability or military veteran status.