Reference and Instruction Librarian - Ashland University - OH
Ashland University, Ashland, OH is looking for a Reference and Instruction Librarian. Ashland University, guided by our Christian heritage, is a comprehensive, private university that provides a transformative learning experience, shaping graduates who work, serve and lead with integrity in their local, national and global communities.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian
- Provides reference service to students, faculty and staff, as well as 140+ instructional sessions annually for AU courses. This Librarian:
- Teaches research and information literacy skills to undergraduate and graduate students on the Main campus and at regional sites;
- Provides reference service, course-integrated instruction, and collection development;
- Serves as liaison to several academic departments to develop the collection and raise faculty awareness of Library resources and services.
EDUCATIONAL /EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Library Science from and ALA-accredited institution.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and library outreach;
- Experience with library instruction desirable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong public service ethic;
- Willingness to learn new library and teaching technologies;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to regional University sites;
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCATIONS
Please email a letter of application, resume or CV and names/contact information of three professional references to Scott Savage, Library Director: firstname.lastname@example.org