Public Services/Online Services Librarian - Shorter University - Rome, GA
- Supervises Library Public Services at the Circulation desk and the computers near the circulation desk.
- Assists the Director of Library Services in supervising all Livingston Library student workers.
- Assist students and faculty in the use of the collection, databases, and other resources.
- Administrator and main developer of LibGuides. Updates and creates guides. Checks link checker and updates weblinks.
- Provide one-on-one instructional assistance to students/faculty on the use of the internet, email, and other electronic resources.
- Record usage statistics daily and compile by month and annually for library reporting purposes.
- Maintain regular communication (via meetings and email) with assigned liaison departments/programs.
- Select and maintain reference and main library resources for areas assigned as the liaison.
- Participate in the selection and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Manages the library’s Facebook account, publicize campus events.
- Creates online and instructional materials such as video tutorials and infographics.
- Technical contact for Galileo, TLC, and database vendors, communicate with them if technical or access issues.
- Reports updates and changes to university webmaster for Library webpages.
- Assists with gathering statistical data for reporting IPEDS and Taskstream.
- Share staffing responsibilities for weekends on a rotating basis as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
MLS from an ALA accredited program. Excellent library, computer/software applications (Microsoft Word), and research skills. Self-starter that can combine their reference knowledge with creative and technological acuity to create excellent electronic resources for the Shorter University community. Must be customer-service oriented, as assisting students, faculty, and staff during evening hours is one of the primary responsibilities of this position. Prefer experience with the creation of instructional tools available through online access.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS