Public Services Librarian - Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary & Scarborough College - Ft. Worth, TX
Circulation; accountable for direct assistance to library patrons; instruction in the use of the library and its resources; supervision of interlibrary loan (lending) functions; the circulation, return, and shelving of books; assignment of the doctoral carrels and oversight of the library’s online presence; and collaborate with the Dean of Libraries and other staff librarians in the development and maintenance of research tools and databases.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the Public Services/Circulation area
- Facilitates the orderly operation of the Public Services/Circulation, including interpreting policies and procedures, updating training manuals and maintaining departmental equipment
- Provides ongoing training and evaluation of Public Services/Circulation student employees
- Develops employee schedule to ensure area is properly staffed
- Collaborates with the Dean of Library to sustain the library’s online presence
- Participates in planning and conducting new student orientation
- Coordinates use of doctoral study carrels
- Collaborate with the Dean of Libraries and other staff librarians in the development and maintenance of research tools, digital resources, and databases.
- Assists/instructs students in library research, both proactively and reactively, giving special attention to reference books, library catalog, and bibliographic and full-text computer databases
- Manages daily Interlibrary Loan operations, user reports, and usage statistics
- Opens and closes the library building as needed
- Supervises the shipping and receiving materials requested by remote patrons, off-campus students and alumni
- Gathers and reports circulation statistics
- Perform other related duties as assigned and specific to area of responsibility
Skills / Requirements:
- Familiarity with MS Office, OCLC, WorldCat, Sierra (III), Proquest, Springshare, and other library vendor resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit exemplary social skills and ensure considerate interactions with all library patrons and guests.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Exhibit a humble, patient, and collaborative spirit in order to create a healthy and vibrant work culture for the staff team.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Expectation to strive for personal and professional growth in leadership and general ministry effectiveness.
- MLS/MLIS from an accredited ALA program required
- MTS/MDiv or course work in theology or religious education preferred
- Experience/evidence of aptitude of managerial skills
- Valid U.S. Passport preferred
- Successful completion of background check, MVR, and credit check may be required.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS