Public Services Librarian - Oklahoma Wesleyan University - Bartlesville, OK
The Public Services Librarian Oversees the daily activities of Drake Library Public Services including development of policies and procedures for Public Services. An employee in this position is responsible for a variety of library functions including, but not limited to: supervise and schedule student staff, circulation desk management, schedule computer equipment, public relations, reference services and periodicals.
[NOTE] Examples are illustrations only. The omission of specific statements of Duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or logical assignment to the position.
- Design, deliver, and assess online and face-to-face information literacy instruction including handouts and instructional videos
- Develop and implement work methods, policies, and procedures for the Public Services area including:
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student employees for service at the Circulation Desk
- Develop and deliver necessary student staff training materials
- Monitor work-study hours, clock in/out for student staff employees
- Hold responsibility of the library’s cell phone in order to be on call for student employees
- Administer circulation of books, periodicals, and other library materials
- Maintain and update circulation desk policies
- Maintain circulation records of all library users including overdue notifications and fines
- Supervise shelving of books, shelf reading, and book displays
- Provide written communication and public notices to enhance library public relations.
- Create and format many types of reports, signs, contact lists, and service materials.
- Reserve and coordinate the use of study rooms and events in the library
- Assist with inventory of the book and periodical collection
- Supervise use and maintenance of library computers
- Reserve and allocate computers for exams
- Assist in locating appropriate library materials for library users
- Assist library users in conducting online research
- Information literacy instruction
- Upkeep and display of library collection
- Supervise procedures for tracking books missing from the shelves
- Promote Library resources and develop displays and print resources.
- Prepare annual reports for circulation of books, periodicals, and reserve materials.
- Prepare reports on fines owed and lost items
- Process work time reports for student employees
- Acquisitions, receiving and shelving
- Work with other librarian with budget and general library functions
- ALA accredited Master’s degree required. New graduates encouraged to apply; however, supervisory experience is preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please apply online at https://www.okwu.edu/employment/public-services-librarian/