Para-librarian - Ashland Theological Seminary - OH
The Paralibrarian assists the Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) Library Director in daily technical operations, cataloging, providing direct support to the ATS community in areas of technical support, circulation desk duties, interlibrary loan and OhioLINK, reference assistance, bibliographic instruction, patron education and student worker management.
Ashland Theological Seminary is a graduate division of Ashland University.
- Assists patrons at circulation desk and handles circulation issues.
- Oversees all interlibrary loan and OhioLINK lending and borrowing activity.
- Supports the cataloging function; consults with the Director of the Seminary Library when necessary.
- Prepares materials for cataloging by checking for duplication and barcoding new items.
- Performs collection development in conjunction with the Director of the Seminary Library.
- Prepares the bindery process for library materials, theses, and doctoral projects.
- Trains and supervises student employees.
- Provides information services to ATS and AU students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni and guests.
- Creates instructional videos and LibGuides and updates research website with links to presentations and guides to aid students in their research.
- Develops department policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of the Seminary Library.
- Attends meetings and professional conferences as appropriate.
- Participates in training to maintain and improve job skills.
- Performs special projects and activities as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MLIS degree or MLS degree with continuing education in databases and digital resource management is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of professional or para-professional experience working in a library, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and current library technologies
- Working knowledge of the III Library System, OCLC Connexion Client and WorldShare, LibGuides, EBSCO, RDA and AACR2, Microsoft Word and Excel, LC Subject Headings and the LC Classification System.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to embrace the Seminary's core values in order to provide and promote excellent customer service to ATS community and beyond.
- Ability to represent the Seminary with various constituency groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check
To apply, please go to: https://www.ashland.edu/administration/content/paralibrarian-ashland-theological-seminary