Online & Data Services Librarian (Part-time) - Trevecca Nazarene University - Nashville, TN
The Online and Data Services Librarian provides reference services to online and on-campus students as well as partners with other professional librarians to develop and implement a data collection plan for the library. This part-time position requires between 15-20 hours of work each week, including some weekday evening availability. This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
- Provides reference services both in person and virtually at least one and no more than three weekday evenings per week.
- In coordination with the library team, develops and implements a data collection plan measuring the use and relevancy of library resources and services, including online programs.
- Creates resources to market relevant data to the campus community.
- Meets with students individually to provide research guidance and assistance either in person, on the phone, or through chat or video conferencing software.
- Partners with other librarians to create library research guides, online tutorials, and training modules.
- Performs additional services as requested by the Director of Library Services.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library program required.
- Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest in and ability to provide library reference services and assistance to a wide variety of faculty and students in multiple formats.
- Previous library experience, especially in providing reference services.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, current resume, and pay requirements to AFowler@trevecca.edu.