Library Supervisor - Baptist College of Health Sciences - TN
The Library Supervisor will provide leadership and vision for the Health Sciences Library collections and user services. As a member of the management team, this position will participate in setting the library’s strategic direction and pursue partnerships with other campus units to achieve the library’s vision. Under the general supervision of the Director, Center for Academic Excellence, this person will be responsible for shifts equal to 40 hours per week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.
- Coordinates the development of content and delivery of information literacy instruction and advocate for the integration of library resources and services into academic program learning outcomes.
- Supervises the day-to-day management of instruction, reference, circulation, staff, and facility; maintain proficiency in the use of library systems; provide research assistance; recommend and review library policies and procedures.
- Collects and analyzes usage statistics, assess library services and programs, prepare reports, and make recommendations for strategic planning and decision making; assist with gathering user experience data to collaborate on and contribute to the creation, development and implementation of new physical & digital projects and services.
- Analyzes and coordinates library budget estimates and control expenditures to administer approved budget.
- Maintains knowledge of trends in library services, assessment, technology, and information literacy; serve on college committees as appropriate.
- Administers the operational management of the library through interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating staff to promote quality programming and customer satisfaction.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree in library or information science required.
- Five (5) or more years library experience required, at least one year of supervisory experience.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please apply online: https://bchs-bmhcc.icims.com/jobs/83096/supervisor-library/job