Library Reference & Instruction Manager - Grand Canyon University - Phoenix, AZ
- Provide day-to-day leadership and supervises staff to ensure a high-performance, service-oriented work environment.
- Schedule staff across the Ask-A-Librarian service and monitors communication between staff and patrons to ensure maintenance of high standards of customer service.
- Create and maintain training documentation encompassing departmental processes and conducts staff training and coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Track and analyze operational data and statistics using analytical tools and present relevant data.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing policies and procedures and assisting in difficult service interactions.
- Assist with library outreach, including promotion, event planning, and collaboration with other campus entities.
- Maintain awareness of professional standards and new technologies relevant to academic support services.
- Develop, schedule, and provide bibliographic instruction related to the use of the Library and its resources in-person and online.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Act as a liaison for the library with other departments.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
American Library Association accredited master’s degree in library or information science required.
3 years relative experience in providing library services in either public or educational institutions.
Professional experience in an academic library preferred.
Demonstrated experience and demonstrated skill in supervision and hiring.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated experience conducting research, compiling information and data gathered, summarizing, and making recommendations.
Ability to effectively communicate and foster a cooperative work environment.
Ability to be proactive and flexible.
Position requires nights and weekend hours.
Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS