Library Director - The Salvation Army - College for Officer Training - Suffern, NY
- Manage Integrated Library Systems – creating patron accounts, reports, etc.
- Maintains library technology systems, including the ILS, LibGuides, EBSCO Single Sign On, ·
- Manage and maintain annual library operations calendar and events – inventory, orientation, shelf-shifting, etc.
- Maintain syllabus files, course reserves and guides for assignments.
- Collaborate as needed with faculty to create course-specific instruction and resources.
- Provide feedback and updated library information to Director of Curriculum (DOC) for Faculty Handbook, CFOT Catalog and Community Guidelines.
- Prepare reports for Academic Oversight Advisory Council (AOAC), Annual Command Review (ACR) and re-accreditation process for review of the DOC.
- Prepare and monitor library budget annually – including collection, supplies and professional development of staff.
- Perform new book processing and book repairs.
- Maintain facilities, equipment and supplies – including fish, plants, art and artifacts.
- Provide academic support for cadets and faculty.
- Prepare quarterly statistics and other reports and be able to provide to DOC (as requested).
- Promote Faculty and user engagement through newsletters, instruction sessions, orientation, etc.
- Assist with Librarian in bookkeeping and resource access management (acquisitions, cataloging, etc.)
- Manage circulation desk and re-shelving.
- Prepare agenda items for Library Sub-Committee at Curriculum Department Meeting.
- Coordinate library updates for campus awareness and topical displays.
- Participate in and be aware of professional associations such as ACL, ALA, ASI & SENYLRC.
- Partner in communication with other libraries such as Nyack and Asbury Theological including SA librarians worldwide.
- Provide coverage one Saturday per month and at minimum 2 evening hours for each quarter period (Fall, Winter & Spring) or as requested by DOC.
- Maintain overall healthy communication with community; including, but not limited to Education Tech, IT, Communications/Multimedia.
- Collaborate with Communications team regarding the oversight of the Library Web Page.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Curriculum.
- Master's degree (M.L.S.) or equivalent and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Professional with strong ability to create positive learning environment.
- Excellent aptitude in creating a culture of welcome within the library that fosters an overarching desire for cadets to learn and utilize the library resources.
- Exceptional management skills.
- Knowledgeable in Christianity, Wesleyan Theology and Bible Studies.
- Ability to represent the organization’s denominational distinctive.
- Excellent communication – written and verbal.
- Spanish language ability preferred.
JOB APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS